Just want to be clear about this calorie deficit thing

2»

Replies

• WhitneyJerome
    WhitneyJerome Posts: 80 Member
    ok so for someone like me where I have only have about 9 pounds more to lose and I have a daily calorie limit of 1330 I would need to eat my exercise calories back?
    [/quote

Based on everything I have read, you would need to eat back at least some of those calories. For example, if you are burning 500 calories a day and you don't eat them back, you would actually only be eating 830 calories a day because you burned off the 500 and didn't replace it. All reports are that any thing under 1200 calories is not good for your losing weight.

thanks!
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    ok so for someone like me where I have only have about 9 pounds more to lose and I have a daily calorie limit of 1330 I would need to eat my exercise calories back?

I never did the entire time I was losing, even the last few pounds. Im now maintaining, and don't eat them back either. But thats just me.
  • kappyd
    kappyd Posts: 199 Member
    how do you subract the resting rate...you mean how many calories you would have burned in that hour of excercise??? Smart..never thought of that.

The calories that you would have burned just sitting there watching tv. I put on my heart rate monitor on once in awhile while relaxing (TV) then check it every 15 minutes to let me know how many calories I burned just being alive. Then I remember that number. Say it is 100 calories in an hour, then when I ride my bike for an hour and it says I burned 300 calories I subtract the 100 and put down that I burned 200 calories in my exercise log. Not sure if that is the way everyone does it but it makes sense to me.