17 day diet

Options
Anyone doing the 17 day diet by Dr. Moreno? Having trouble getting all my calories in ...most problem with a snack in the evening because I almost always had a piece of fruit and some type of protein in the evening but he says NO fruit after 2pm....any help would be much appreciated:happy:

Replies

• kneeki
    kneeki Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Any diet with a duration in the name is temporary and likely a fad. Clean up your eating habits and make it a full time life style change. Then you'll see results! ;)

Also, your body /does not/ care whether you are eating at 2:00pm or 8:00pm - get your macro nutrients in, that's what matters.
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Any diet with a duration in the name is temporary and likely a fad. Clean up your eating habits and make it a full time life style change. Then you'll see results! ;)

Also, your body /does not/ care whether you are eating at 2:00pm or 8:00pm - get your macro nutrients in, that's what matters.

^ This.

Also, go for a lifestyle change, not a diet. Diet is a nasty word. ;p
  • ChristinaK42
    Options
    I agree with Kneeki.
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    It is not a "DIET" so to speak, just a way to get you back on track ..I have already lost 45 lbs, just wanted to try this...it is basically healthy eating...and includes probiotics, encourages lean proteins, healthy fats, etc....and there are 4 phases of 17 days....you slowly add more and more to the "diet".. So it IS a lifestyle....just teaches you to be really healthy...look into it before judging...you may find you might try it....

Oh, and I am super healthy, am a runner and all that jazz...so I truely understand about the healthy lifestlyle and have been going strong for a year and a 1/2
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,923 Member
    Options
    It's basically a low carb diet with induction phases much like atkin or south beach with a repeating format (17days). It effective for some people, in the sense that if someone has eaten junk most of their lives will be asked to elimanate carbs, get off the sugar train, and hopefully from the satiating effects of a higher protein diet, you feel more full while eating less. It's not the best way to lose weight, but it works for some people. A sensible diet means different things for different people, and moderation is still probably the best solution as opposed to leaving out food groups which generally lead to low adherence.....basically falling off the wagon and regaining.
  • marcyjane83
    Options
    The 17 day diet IS a lifestyle change. You guys need to research before commenting :happy: It's wonderful and has helped a ton of people on here! At first while you're very low carb, don't worry about getting all your calories in. It's nearly impossible because you are eating SO healthy. "Search" The 17 day diet on here and you will find pages and pages of helpful comments. Good Luck!
  • timbotina
    Options
    The 17 day diet IS a lifestyle change. You guys need to research before commenting :happy: It's wonderful and has helped a ton of people on here! At first while you're very low carb, don't worry about getting all your calories in. It's nearly impossible because you are eating SO healthy. "Search" The 17 day diet on here and you will find pages and pages of helpful comments. Good Luck!

THANK YOU!!!!!! exactly a LIFESTYLE change, I'm glad someone here has knowledge of the "diet" and thanks for the tip!!
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I'm not on this diet, so all I can do is wish you luck.

My opinion though, is that a diet that works against your own habits and eating pattern, may not be a good idea and would be hard to stick to. Eating fruit and protein is actually good for you no matter what time it is, as long as you have the calories for it.

Can you eat vegetables? Maybe you could have some protein in a salad or have veggies with cottage cheese?
  • timbotina
    Options
    Again, help out there from 17 day dieters for a night snack??
  • kysassyblonde1
    Options
    I think it is a great way to jump start loeing weight. I did it for 17 days and lost 17 pounds and didnt do the next phases, but it was a great jump start
  • gbasantes
    Options
    For my late snack i've been eating yogurt.
  • timbotina
    Options
    Just wanted everyone to know. I am doing great on the "diet". Eating healthier than ever. Still having a problem with something to eat at night but tomorrow I move on to cycle 2 so I will have more choices and I made an alternative to pumpkin pie and it is DELICOUS!! I am down 10 lbs so far. I know the weight loss will slow but my real reason for doing this was to get back to my healthier eating habbits and it worked....Thanks for those who supported me....
  • tiedye
    tiedye Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    What's your pumpkin pie alternative? I just bought a few cans of pumpkin puree!