Trying to get my full 1200 calories

Options
Does anyone else seem to have a hard time some days in getting in all of your calories?

I'm set to eat 1200 calories and some days 2:00pm or 3:00pm rolls around and I have 6 or 700 calories left. Anyone else?

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Nope eating has never been a problem for me xD

Add in some fats. Have some almonds or walnuts and you will boost your calories easy.
    Add olive oil to foods
    Add avocado to recipes
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    nope. i could easily hit 4000+ in a day
  • Michaela722
    Options
    I certainly don't have a problem with that. LOL
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    600 calories for dinner and afternoon snack doesn't sound too hard to create!
  • rochey1098
    Options
    If you mean eating back your exercise calories to hit 1200 net then yeah I find it a pain to stay healthy... thing is if you're really stuck and just need some empty calories to burn then eat whatever you want lol
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Up the calories with good fats. 1 tablespoon of olive oil is over 100 calories.
  • lizgreenhill
    Options
    I have that problem almost every single day. I dont think i have hit 1200 calories in the last couple days. I believe i still have 400 calories left to go today and i wont eat them. Like the other girl said eat peanuts but dont go over board because they are fattening. Just eat what the recommended serving size is almonds walnuts macadamein nuts they are all good for weight loss. :)
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Eat more calories at other meals. try nuts, peanut butter, and even add olive oil to your meals. I am the opposite, I don't feel like eating all day, but when 4 pm rolls around I can clean out the frig!
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Nuts, peanut butter, avocado, olive oil, protein shakes, switch from low fat products to regular products. Shouldn't be too hard :)
  • jacquelyn_erika
    jacquelyn_erika Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I was going to say the same as everyone else but MFP gave me an error message, anywho..

I NEVER...and I repeat...NEVER have a problem eating all of my calories. How do you think I got here in the first place?

600-700 calories at 2 or 3 P.M. isn't bad AT ALL. I have 931 left today and it's almost 5:30. I will have a very nice dinner, a good post-workout snack, and some kind of dessert or snack after dinner.

Maybe try switching up some of your foods. Incorporating more full fat foods, olive oil, nuts, greek yogurt, peanut butter, etc.

Either way, it may seem like you have a lot of calories left but that's an adequate amount considering the time of day.
  • mlbazemore
    mlbazemore Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Are you eating 3-4 small meals a day plus 1-2 snacks? Skipping breakfast, if that's the case, is not a good idea.
  • lauraOOOO
    lauraOOOO Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    i don't understand how anyone is on here (for weight loss purposes) and has trouble using up their 1200cals!!
  • Magpi19
    Options
    You should try having a big breakfast!
    I find that the adage 'Eat like a king at breakfast, a prince at lunch, and a pauper at dinner' tends to work for me. I wake up hungry, and have lots of energy throughout the day. It also encourages me to go to bed earlier so I won't stay up and snack.
    Breakfast is definitely something you need to make time for though. Good luck!
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options

If you are on 1200 cals a day, then you cannot possibly eat 600 cals for dinner/afternoon sanck.

I eat 200 cals breakfast/lunch/dinner and some snacks in between...it is hard to eat your cals and exercise cals.

MFP sets 1200 cals for a reason
  • damonmath
    damonmath Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    When I work out for more than an hour in a single day I cannot eat all my calories for the day.
  • jacquelyn_erika
    Options

If you are on 1200 cals a day, then you cannot possibly eat 500 cals for dinner/afternoon sanck.

I eat 200 cals breakfast/lunch/dinner and some snacks in between...it is hard to eat your cals and exercise cals.

How do you figure? Not everyone is the same, and not everyone eats the same amount of calories as you at each meal. 500 calories for dinner isn't impossible with a proper amount of carbohydrates, protein, and fat...
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I always have this problem, then I never eat back exercise calories because I am always full at the end of the day. Don't get me wrong, I am never hungry and I don't feel like I'm starving.
    Sometimes I net as low as 600-700 if I have exercised.
    The only time I go over is if I eat out and it's high calorie/high fat food and I have a drink.

I don't know what to suggest as I haven't found a solution myself. Would be nice to have some suggestions too.
  • jacquelyn_erika
    Options
    When I work out for more than an hour in a single day I cannot eat all my calories for the day.

Ditto, depending on how many calories i've burned. But, I think OP is referring to just her calories that MFP allows... not including any additional exercise calories.
  • jacquelyn_erika
    Options
    I always have this problem, then I never eat back exercise calories because I am always full at the end of the day. Don't get me wrong, I am never hungry and I don't feel like I'm starving.
    Sometimes I net as low as 600-700 if I have exercised.
    The only time I go over is if I eat out and it's high calorie/high fat food and I have a drink.

I don't know what to suggest as I haven't found a solution myself. Would be nice to have some suggestions too.

Nuts, peanut butter, greek yogurt, bigger breakfast, olive oil, etc. More calorie dense foods, full fat foods...it's possible!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options

If you are on 1200 cals a day, then you cannot possibly eat 500 cals for dinner/afternoon sanck.

How do you figure? Not everyone is the same, and not everyone eats the same amount of calories as you at each meal. 500 calories for dinner isn't impossible with a proper amount of carbohydrates, protein, and fat...

Exactly! A serving of pasta, with a couple tablespoons of olive oil and some meat = loads of calories.