Ducan

Someone was talking about the Dukan diet today at work. Anyone have any thought to it? Looking for something new and different to try.

Replies

• carolinedb
    carolinedb Posts: 236 Member
    I've read about it, and it seems like the most recently popular fad diet to me. It doesn't seem like the safest or healthiest diet out there.
  • mrshickey
    mrshickey Posts: 239
    im doing it. search 'dukan it out... on the forums and it will bring you to the thread that lots of us use. its working for me, but it may not work for everyone. i like meat and dont process carbs well so its perfect.

edit- with only 9 lbs to go id say u know what u r doing, lol!!
  • I have been on straight calorie counting for as long as a colleague has been on Dukan. My loss has been more consistent and the last couple of days have been the first time that I've wanted to stuff my face. She has been far more tempted, far sooner. Strength of character or characteristics of eating habits?!
  • If a low carb diet works for you, Dukan can work. Other's have picked up his approach - I think that the notion of "carb cycling" started with this diet.

I have been losely following it. (45 pounds down in one year) For me it is easy to stay on, delivers effective weight loss and feels healthy. A low calorie diet does not work for me, and I actually managed to gain weight on the Fulham (sp~) vegan diet, which is also low calorie.

From my experience, some diets work for some people some of the time. No one diet works for everyone all of the time.

What works is a diet that you can live with/stay on, and that will work with your unique body chemistry. This site has been an awesome tool to use in finding out what works for me.
  • mrshickey
    mrshickey Posts: 239
    it might be better to ask a range of people who have followed the plan, whether successful or unsuccessful, rather than those who have just read about it. reading about it doesnt always make a person knowlegeable.

eating oat bran, vegetables, goji berries, low fat lean meat and low fat/fat free dairy didnt seem unhealthy to me. but thats just me.

in terms of temptations- some people struggle with any diet. i thought i would, but i make dukan friendly cake, muffins, pancakes etc so I can have a treat and stick to the plan. maybe it is the persons strength of character rather than the characteristics of the diet.

that being said- no diet is perfect for everyone.