advice please

Options
hoping someone can help me out. I work on a cruise ship and am finding it really hard to eat well and attempt to lose the extra weight I'm carrying. Our food tends to be heavy on the carbs/rice and more often than not fried, not to mention lots of gravies and butter :( Veggies are somewhat limited (salad is always available but other veggies are not plentiful on their own) and I have fruit allergies so I'm at a loss as to what to do. My job can be pretty physical, so I work up a good appetite which doesn't help either! Any advice is really appreciated!

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    What do you have for meat options? That would be my go :] Full of protein and super filling!
  • MamaWeil2018
    MamaWeil2018 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    there are usually a few meat options at each meal, but it's not the greatest quality- chicken tends to be fatty, and a lot of the meats are fried or cooked in gravies and stuff
  • tracy337
    tracy337 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    If it were me, I would stock up on Whey protein drinks, either powder or premix, and protien bars. That way you can bring them with you aboard.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Hmm that is really tough!

Anyway you can pack some food? That makes things a little easier :]

Or do you have any other descriptions of what they serve?
    Im trying xD
  • JANELLPOTTORFF
    Options
    First, I have to say that I am totally envious of you working on a cruise ship! My husband and I have been on 2 cruises and cannot wait to do it again! What cruise line do you work on? We are planning on a cruise next spring!

Have you ever thought a meal replacement drink? I have two nutrition shakes a day, and one meal, which is usually salad and protein, and I have had great success. You might give that a try. Also, maybe nutrition bars that will keep you going between meals that you can eat quickly while working. Sorry, wish I could offer more advice.
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    i agree with the whey protein :)
  • KC4800
    KC4800 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    How about baked fish? steamed fish? A hamburger even with no bun, is ok. Fried chicken, I'd peel the skin off and eat the white meat. thats what I'd do.

Baked potato, plain. No fries.
    Eat steamed veggies whenever they're available.
  • MamaWeil2018
    MamaWeil2018 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'll see what I can find to bring on board- I'm in Europe at the moment and shopping is pretty difficult, but I'm willing to try anything! I really appreciate the help! Any brands of protein bars or meal replacement that you'd recommend?

And to answer your question JANELLPOTTORFF, I work for Princess Cruises :)