Started a different diet today

Options
My son and I have started doing the low carb diet today. we are going to try it for a couple weeks ( if I can stay with the high proteins) and see how we do. I did it before and did very well but couldnt stay on it!! So here hoping.

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Are you planning to do this for the rest of your life? Are you going to phase out of it once you reach your goal? How do you plan to maintain your loss?

My father-in-law lost a huge amount of weight doing low-carb, and he has kept it off for years now. But, he is very vigilant even now about how many carbs he eats.
  • ktdid626
    ktdid626 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I had the same results in 2009. I always felt like I was starving. So happy I found MFP. Lower calories, and I can keep track of the carbs now. I hope to not let this good habit go once I reach goal!

Good lucky to you!
  • MsWilder1
    MsWilder1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I cant say I could do this for life. But I would like to try and stay on it to lose. I want to stay away from the wrong carbs, eat the healthier ones. I want to stay away from sweets too. The problem with me if I can have one on a diet..I want MORE lol. So I do better if I stay away from them intill I have a treat day. But one day at a time. Today the first day was good. I am not hungrey just craving anything sweet. But then I would be anyway!!
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    the trick is to keep at it long enought for it to become habit
  • aliburstall
    Options
    Missing carbs almost always means missing potassium, so be vigilant of that!
    Also, too much protein can cause other problems.
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Check out the Atkins forum and the low carber forum for helpful ideas. Many people have success watching the carbs they eat. And it doesn't have to be temporary once you learn the ins and outs. Good luck to you both! :smile: