Is my work out plan sufficiant?

Options
I'm not really educated on the whole wait training business. This is what my work out ruitine is. Anyone have any opinions or ideas to make it better?

Monday - 30 mins on the eliptical varrying pace and abs

tuesday - intermediate yoga 90 mins

wednesday - zumba 1 hour

thursday - body pump class one hour

friday - 30 mins eliptical varying pace and abs

saturday - hatha yoga

sunday - rest day

I also have a 40 minuet pilates video i can do at home on any day that i cant make it to the gym

Thanks for your opinions! And i'm 5'2" and i weight 153 lbs my goal weight is 139.

Replies

• starwhisperer
    Options
    Looks good to me. lots of variation which will keep you from getting too bored!
  • vintx
    vintx Posts: 34
    Options
    sounds great to me. it will also depend on how fast you want to lose and how many calories you are eating daily. for me, it's a trial and error to see what works best for my body and body chemistry. good luck! :)
  • prestonmay
    prestonmay Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    add some resistance training in there. You do not want to become the term called "skinny fat" . Weight training will burn less calories why you doing it, but the effects are longer (cal burning )
  • dreamgurl2324
    dreamgurl2324 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    add some resistance training in there. You do not want to be "skinny fat"

What would you suggest for resistance training?
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    add some resistance training in there. You do not want to be "skinny fat"

What would you suggest for resistance training?

Do you go to a gym with machines and free weights? If you do, there are various programs on bodybuilding.com that you can follow, and you can print off the training logs and take them to the gym with you.

I think that your cardio schedule looks awesome, but I agree that perhaps 2-3 days a week of weights or body weight activities such as push-ups, dips, etc. might be very beneficial. I also became "skinny fat" doing cardio alone...I came here to keep track of food, then I got even bigger because of a crap storm of stress and family issues over this summer. But, I am finding that adding weights a few days a week with my cardio, I am stronger, tighter, and leaner each week.
  • missisles
    missisles Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes I agree, you need some resistance training. On the two days you do your eliptical, you should do a half hour of resistance. Do upper body one day and lower body the other. Good luck!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Yes I agree, you need some resistance training. On the two days you do your eliptical, you should do a half hour of resistance. Do upper body one day and lower body the other. Good luck!

That sounds like a good plan to me. :flowerforyou:
  • dreamgurl2324
    Options
    I've done some reasearch and yoga can be considered resistance training with your own body weight, i've been doing yoga for 3 years so i'm not doing fru fru stuff here i can stand on my head lol. And also body pump is a weights class you get a full body work out in the hour. I also don't want to bulk up. i have a goof muscle layer it's just hidden a bit?? i'm especially concerned about my thighs bulking up. they are pretty muscular from years of cheerleading. and i want them smaller not bigger. So do I still need to add in some more weight training?
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Do not be afraid of bulking up. It will not happen :)
  • dreamgurl2324
    Options
    Do not be afraid of bulking up. It will not happen :)

I hope not!!

http://www.livestrong.com/article/239124-does-yoga-count-as-strength-training/ Here is an article on how yoga can be considered weight training for anyone interested :)