In 5 weeks you will weigh...

"In 5 weeks you will weigh..."
I'm curious, has anyone been consistent with their diary for five weeks and actually reached what that message promised?

Replies

• missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    that's a good question. i actually need to write down what it tells me so i can see in 5 weeks. i've been doing this far longer than 5 weeks, but never wrote down what it said! LOL
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Never once, not even close!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,319 Member
    I never close out my day.....good question, though!
  • jenniferg83
    jenniferg83 Posts: 278 Member
    nope! lol. but it's nice to see it and know that if i go over too much what i will see in 5 weeks is more than i weigh today. that's all i need to stay on track. =)
  • sufikitkat
    sufikitkat Posts: 583 Member
    I have not seen accurate results, but I also do not own a scale so it is tough for me to weigh in regularly. But perhaps I will try my hand at it once I am done working my second job. I am in maintenance mode since My accelerated grad program plus two jobs is really cutting into my 7 days a week working out I'm used to. Once I am done working that job I will be back at it and able to test it out :-)
  • cpotter4
    cpotter4 Posts: 116 Member
    I have used this cite in the past and I lost 25 pounds in 3 months.I stopped dieting due to the fact that I became super busy and had graduation parties i was going to every weekend but I watched my weight to make sure it stayed where it was and not going up. But anyway, I actually weighed less than what the counter said I would. I think this had less to do with the counter and more to do with the fact that I enter EVERYTHING and I might have a higher metabolism than what they anticipate due to the fact that I am 18 years old (of course I don't know how old you are so... yeah).
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,423 Member
    I tracked it for a while and found that it was pretty accurate - if I stayed consistently close to the daily cal allowance that MFP recommends then I was within 0.5 kg of it's prediction. If you want to check it you can go back 5 weeks and close out your day again to see the prediction (this works on the iPhone app anyway, I haven't tried it on the website).
  • Megan2Project
    Megan2Project Posts: 351 Member
    4 weeks ago it told me I would weigh 270.3. I am now 269.
  • trishlambert
    trishlambert Posts: 213 Member
    Nope. My weight is coming off very slowly, and though it's fun to look at the number when I close out my day, I don't expect to reach that number in 5 weeks. If I did, I'd be ecstatic!
  • singer201
    singer201 Posts: 562 Member
    I have been tracking it for about 5 months, and have found it to be relatively accurate (within 1-2 lbs.) if you routinely meet your net calories (eating exercise calories).

I just record the "you'll weigh in 5 weeks" on the day's food page comment section so it's easy to look back.
  • SouLThinking
    SouLThinking Posts: 308 Member
    I started entering the weight it gave me in my notes at the bottom and yes mine is pretty accurate. I only care if it's less than what I weigh now LOL so as long as it says I am eating to where I will lose that's good enough for me. It was just a nice bonus to go back 5 weeks and see it was pretty accurate.

Now that I"m zig-zagging though it acts a little crazy. :)

Nichole
  • Well, after 4 weeks on MFP I got a plateau :( so I don't know. I just completed my diary and it said I'll be 180.4. I'm 187.4 so if MFP is right, if I keep doing this I'll lose 1.4 lbs a week. MFP, you better be right!
  • GouchisGirl
    GouchisGirl Posts: 321 Member
    Nope not yet.... It would be interesting to see though :)
  • tpt42087
    tpt42087 Posts: 313 Member
    I have been keeping track and putting it in my notes but I just started doing it about 2 weeks ago so we'll see in another 3 weeks!
  • It doesn't let you to go back in records for what you tracked 5 weeks ago.... it keeps telling you what you weigh 5 weeks from now. I forgot what it told me 5 weeks ago lol
  • LuLuRunner1
    LuLuRunner1 Posts: 329 Member
    I agree that it is pretty accurate if you are consistent with your calorie intake/expense. When I have those bad or "spike" days, I use it as a scare tactic and a lot of times it helps.
  • 4 weeks ago it told me I would weigh 270.3. I am now 269.

AWESOME!
  • foxiedee
    foxiedee Posts: 13 Member
    I write mine in my blog. (That's about all I write!) It is exciting to see what it says I will be but mine is up and down since my calories eaten are not consistent.
  • amybluefish
    amybluefish Posts: 82 Member
    For me it is totally accurate. I keep to my calorie goal and the 5 week thing is always right. I do like it when I have gone for a big 6 hour hike or something so my exercise is huge and it tells me, If you keep eating like this you'll weigh (like 50 lbs less) in five weeks.
  • lwhitman4
    lwhitman4 Posts: 144 Member
    Nope. My weight is coming off very slowly, and though it's fun to look at the number when I close out my day, I don't expect to reach that number in 5 weeks. If I did, I'd be ecstatic!

^ This. :)