Shout out from Edmonton, Alberta

Options
Hey all,

I've been using MFP on my Android phone off and on for a few months now but this is the first time on the message boards. I have always been about 20-30 lbs overweight on average all my life except for the last two years. Those were my best health and fitness wise, due to a new found love of running...heavier people can run too!! Unfortunately, while training for a marathon I developed a stress fracture this past spring and guess what...while I wasn't running, I was still eating like I was running long distances!!

Needless to say I put on about 15 pounds this past 5 months which I am not proud of so I'm trying to use MFP to keep track of where my intake is and to make sure to up my exercise again. Running may not be in the cards for a couple more months yet because of some lingering pain but I have to make a point to cross train. I'll be looking to the boards for some food tips and ideas and answers to my questions that I have.

And by posting here, I'm putting myself out there so that will help keep me accountable!

Good luck to everyone and keep up the good work!
Deanna

Replies

• Mybabie
    Mybabie Posts: 239
    Options
    I am in Edmonton Alberta too. Feel free to add me
  • CouleeRunner
    CouleeRunner Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'm in Medicine Hat, Alberta and I also like to run...please add me!