MFP Runner's Club January 25

Options
Where are all of the runners today? I completed my first half marathon this morning. I have run the distance before, but always on my own. It was a great course.....mostly downhill.

My leg that has been bothering me for several weeks was fine until about mile 10. I stopped twice to stretch it and finished strong.

I hope everyone has a good run or rest,
JD

Replies

• jdtrainer
    jdtrainer Posts: 160
    Options
    Where are all of the runners today? I completed my first half marathon this morning. I have run the distance before, but always on my own. It was a great course.....mostly downhill.

My leg that has been bothering me for several weeks was fine until about mile 10. I stopped twice to stretch it and finished strong.

JD
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    It's pretty cold here (35* or so) but I may manage to make it out for a short jog/walk later. (I'm still training to build up running endurance.) If not, I'll be doing my jog/walk tomorrow!

Yay for your half marathon today! I must say that I would enjoy a mostly downhill course! :laugh:
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options

JD

JD,
    Congrats on your first half :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: It is especially tough coming off an injury. Good Job!!
  • stilts
    stilts Posts: 4
    Options
    I got in a nice 4 mile run today. 33 minutes...not bad for me.
  • mhsrnmz
    mhsrnmz Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Congratulations JD. :drinker:

I ran 5 miles in the light snow this morning. I wasn't slipping too much and it sure was beautiful! :smile:
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Did 14 today! It felt really good, the weather was perfect!

~Leash
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Options

JD

Great Job JD. I am so impressed! That is my goal next November. I am a bit nervous though. Our training group had a 7 mile run yesterday and towards the end I got this horrible pain in the bottom of my foot and toes. I am limping badly today. The trainer said to get it xrayed for a stress fracture if it doesn't get better. Anyone else have a stress fracture? Help! :sad:
    Bunny
  • my_fitness_now
    Options
    I'm ready to join the Runners Club! At best, I can run 4 miles in 40 minutes. I signed up for a 10K on 2/14/09...my first one. I plan on posting here to keep myself on track! I hope I can do it! :ohwell:
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    No running for me for a few days yet. I have an upper respitory inf. so I am fighting that. I probably wont run until next week.
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I'm ready to join the Runners Club! At best, I can run 4 miles in 40 minutes. I signed up for a 10K on 2/14/09...my first one. I plan on posting here to keep myself on track! I hope I can do it! :ohwell:
    No problem! If you can do 4 miles already, the 10 K is so do-able! Have fun!!
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Can I join the runner's club? I don't do very much running right now. I help coach basketball and actually scrimmage against the team about 2 or 3 times a week. But after the season is over, I'll get back in the swing of things (in March)!

I always run an 8k in the summer, and think I will be doing a 10k next September.

:smile:
  • my_fitness_now
    Options
    Can I join the runner's club?

Consider yourself a member! :happy:
  • RunningSteph
    Options
    Congrats on the half! I'm training for another one as we speak. I did a 90 min run on the 25th.
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I ran eight miles Sunday morning. I had planned to go to a nearby trail, but it snowed and I had to run on the treadmill. I really don't like doing long runs on the treadmill!