Guys with a lot of female friends public service announcemen

Options
I would just like to defend why a lot of guys have more female friends than guy friends on this site. I know with me it seems like there are way more women on this site than men so that is definitely one reason. Another reason is most dudes don't accept my friendship, I don't know maybe to some guys it's awkward having another his ask to be friend. Now i'm not going to lie and say eye candy isn't a factor but I think that's just human nature and goes for both men and women. Seeing an attractive person can certainly be motivational. The reason I put up this post is because some women look at a guys friends list and just assume they are "collecting" women and I think they should look a little deeper before judging. If the guy is not hitting on you or being disrespectful then he could really be a good supporter/motivator. Tell me what you think i'm open to all opinions on this subject.

Replies

• darbym7
    darbym7 Posts: 61
    Options
    I think youre right. Besides, (not trying to bash guys) women can be a lot more motivating. Guys can push other guys, but women can help make people feel good about themselves. And it doesnt hurt to have the opposite sex as friends in order to make yourself feel sexier, etc.
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I don't really have a comment. I'm just here to see what other people say. :)
  • BloomingLily
    BloomingLily Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Good point. Probably one most people haven't thought about.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Aww and here I thought you just wanted to look at my boobs. Booo!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I usually accept anyone who sends me a friends request and I've only had problems with one guy.

I know other women who have a lot of issues so I think I'm doing something wrong. :laugh:
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    I'm sure you have a valid point, and if this were a site for dating maybe more women would "look deeper" but considering it's not, I'm sure they don't really feel they're missing out on anything by choosing not to be friends.. Eh.

ETA: I can totally see how most guys don't accept requests from other guys though.
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    you ARE absolutley right on budy. There has to be a 3-1 ratio of women to men on here.
  • Multistyles
    Options
    I think youre right. Besides, (not trying to bash guys) women can be a lot more motivating. Guys can push other guys, but women can help make people feel good about themselves. And it doesnt hurt to have the opposite sex as friends in order to make yourself feel sexier, etc.
    Exactly. And I agree women are definitely better at making other women feel better because y'all are better communicators than we are but we try.
  • sweetie89207
    Options

ROFL hahaha
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    The ladies are more supportive. And have better before and after pictures!
  • Multistyles
    Options
    You missed the eye candy part didn't you? Lol
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options

dont worry i do..

but to the op, i agree, for one it seems that there are more females on the site, and i really dont send out requests but i get alot of requests so it could look like i'm collecting but really i'm being collected lol..i think also because women are usually more vocal than men, you will see that in most cases they are the ones comming by chatting being social etc.

on the other hand i have seen some dudes that are clearly collectors, you can tell because they either always send out requests to chics they think are hot and rarely leave a message, or they make posts like "hot chics add me" etc lol
  • mrsdauer
    mrsdauer Posts: 102
    Options
    i'm willing to accept ALL friend requests. I dont look at MFP as a dating site, or a place to find anyone to be more than a friend. im simply on this site to lose my unwanted weight, to get healthy, and to meet new people that can support me, and i can support them.....
    ive always been the girl with more guy friends than girl friends..... but i agree with you.... people usually think you are "doing something" if you have friends of the opposite sex...

as for me... friends are friends...

good luck to all of you! :)
  • Multistyles
    Options
    Ah come on I know you have SOME opinion on this lol
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I'm just posting in hopes you'll "collect" me...I really do have an amazing *kitten*...just saying!
  • Akahime
    Akahime Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I don't know much about this site but I always had more guy friends than girl friends. I just get along better with them, being one of very few women in my martial arts class I can see why. The guys in my class are awesome for helping/motivating me and not a one of them has hit on me or been disrespectful in any way. I think it's foolish to judge anyone based on their friend lists. Then again, I try not to judge anyone at all.
  • thcri
    thcri Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    11 of 34 friends are male. I am here only to motivate and get motivated. I love seeing what others are doing.

But I don't get a lot of female requests. Most of mine have been that I have asked through other friends. In fact I think only one female has asked me, maybe two. Am I too old??? LOL
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Ah come on I know you have SOME opinion on this lol

OKAY OKAY. I have guys who add me to just peek at my pictures and who private message me to tell me how boinkalicious they find me, and then I have guys who actually talk to me about diet/fitness. I delete the first, and I much appreciate the latter.

:drinker:
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I'm just posting in hopes you'll "collect" me...I really do have an amazing *kitten*...just saying!
    between my boobs and her *kitten*...you can't go wrong! but wait...I don't want to be collected. I got "collected" once, then he deleted me.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options

She does, I'll vouch for it.