How many times?

Options
did you quit and "restart"? I was doing good. Down 4lbs, and last Thursday I went off the deep end. I haven't exercised since last Wednesday and I haven't ate that great either. Looks like i am up a pound. Trying to get back on track but we are in desperate need for groceries but having to wait til hubby get's paid.. So not much to choose from when eating.

Replies

• ChristyMomx3
    Options
    did you quit and "restart"? I was doing good. Down 4lbs, and last Thursday I went off the deep end. I haven't exercised since last Wednesday and I haven't ate that great either. Looks like i am up a pound. Trying to get back on track but we are in desperate need for groceries but having to wait til hubby get's paid.. So not much to choose from when eating.
  • nwfamilygal
    Options
    no i haven't quit and restarted this program but in my life time I would have to say yes., Just drink all your water and that should help. Also keep track of your calories. And keep exercising :smile:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Haha, I fall off the wagon at least once a week. Does that count as quitting and restarting? :wink:
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Since I started MFP about two months ago I haven't quit and restart (unless you count Christmas Day - but I don't, I let myself). I've definitely tried to diet before, but I've never had the right tools or the knowledge.

I guess I can't expect to know everything before I even hit 20. :laugh: I dieted all through my teens, well, less actual 'dieting' but I tried to be active. I just didn't understand the concept of losing weight. I mean I got it on paper, but I didn't think anything that simple could REALLY be effective. Also, having never been skinny, I think somewhere in the back of my mind I never thought I could be.

Don't stop! This is a difficult but worthwhile journey. :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • crosstitcher0563
    Options
    HI :glasses:
    I lost 60 lbs when I was between 25 and 26. I kept it off for 10 years then fell off the wagon big time and gained it all back and about 40lbs more. :sad: :frown: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

So, now I'm on a mission to lose it all again and keep it off until I die or Jesus returns.
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Honestly? This is my third time. I joined a year and a half ago, started around my birthday in June at my peak weight of 245 and only did about 2 weeks.... then I started in January of 2008 and only did about 2 weeks.

This is my third attempt (January 2009)... but I am doing it this time! Sick of always being the fat girl with all my friends, not being able to try on clothes without wanting to cry... You guys all know the story I'm sure..

Even doing it three times I'm down 27.5 pounds overall (re-set my calc for 2009, when I got really serious about it so its more motivating for me).

I have never felt so motivated to do something and I have stuck very closely to my calories and goals this time around. Plus I am getting to know alot more people in the MFP community, joining contests, seeing awesome success stories (Way to go Tamtastic & FitnessChick!!!) 2009 IS MY YEAR!!! :) We can all do this together!!!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    not this time I haven't, I have only been here for going on 4 weeks. You can read my story on the boards, it is under success stories, I have been here 3 weeks. or you can go to my profile and read it there if you want to. Don't give up, you can do this. I am proof of that.
  • klmccl05
    klmccl05 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    At least 2 days a week (or more) I'm negative in my calories for the day. If I dont exercise that day then I can't "add' calories to my daily intake. I think I would starve each day if I stayed under 1200 calories. Any advice on how to stay within your calories on days you dont exercise? I do exercise at least 5 days a week (either cardio or strength) so I wouldnt say I've fallen off the wagon...but for example...between friday night and today I ate Qdoba, Olive Garden, and Hooters, in addition to other meals. If anything, weekends would be my demise. I feel like I deserve a break (our minds sure trick us!!) I'd probably have more success if I stuck with it everyday. Any suggestions anyone?!? In answer to your question..I have not "quit" but have certainly "restarted". Good luck!!
  • DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options
    This is probably my third or fourth time coming back and trying to be as dedicated as possible.

I don't really think about it as quitting and restarting though. For me, it is more about doing the best that I can and trying as hard as I can. I would like to be here all the time and do everything I am supposed to, but it doesn't always play out like that.
  • LeahNicRN
    Options
    Hmmm....I can't offer any advice today as I just ate a bacon temptation omelet from IHOP- AHH! But...I do plan on getting back on track tomorrow! Exercise, exercise, exercise....it will motivate you to eat right!