13.1 joggers?

Options
2»

Replies

• hotcouponmama
    Options
    When I run a half I will proudly display one of those on my swagger wagon! I read this blog last month talking about those and it was pretty funny so I'm gonna share:
    http://www.motherhooduncensored.net/motherhood_uncensored/2011/09/its-all-in-the-numbers.html
    Good luck on your journey--don't sweat the haters!
  • TreadmillManiac
    Options
    And who were they to mock? Have they run the marathon des sables? what puts them in a position of superiority?
    As has been said, REAL runners would have given you the thumbs up.
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    WTF??? Sounds those two need to put big "LOSER" magnets on their trucks. Even if they had Olympic gold medals at home (which I SERIOUSLY doubt), they don't have the right to be such haters. And for WHAT?? :noway:

I say just smack them with your sweaty running shoes and let them eat your DUST.

Wear that badge loud and proud, and don't let people like that take anything away from you!!

And P.S. -- I LOVE your numbers hanging up on the wall. I'm looking forward to my 1st 1/2 marathon next spring, and I can't WAIT.
  • BrittSwimsJDRF
    BrittSwimsJDRF Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Your story reminds me of the other day driving down the road. I passed a car with a "0.0" sticker on it. I didn't know if they were trying to make fun of those of us that run, or making fun of herself for NOT being a runner. Either way, I got pissed, and Chris found it funny. Chin up... most people can't finish a 1/2 marathon, or a 5K for that matter. Like everyone else has said, real runners are supportive... I've passed so many on the road that always say "keep it up" or "good job". Just think of those a*holes every time you hit the road, and it'll be great motivation!
  • miami_mimi
    miami_mimi Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    F*$k those people! jealousy at its best! my dream is to run a half marathon! so you're my inspiration and those people are my motivation! Keep on running!!!!!
  • JennBennett410
    Options
    Thanks guys! I really really have a hard time letting go of things. It's like I quickly forget all the compliments and I focus the negative. BUT the support I get on MFP really helps!
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I was very nervous to get involved with running - to admit that I was a runner, to use the word runner, and to talk to the "real runners" and what I realized in 99.5% of runners are super nice. They dont care what we do (as long as we dont get in their way) ... they are just as proud of us finishing the race.

I have a debate going with my elite running friends... they say they could never be me because they couldnt imagine being on their feet for 3 plus hours... I say I could never be them because I couldnt run a 6 min mile. We all have our "cross to bear" persay ... some have a bigger cross of course.

I would have told them to F off .. and yes I probably would have done it too ... I would have told them that real runners respect anyone for just getting off the couch and dont feel the need to belittle others.

Last week I went for a run with an ultramarathon friend... I was nervous because she runs like 5-6 min/miles ... she was a doll. Ran WAY slower than usual for her of course, chatted happily along, and even when I was struggling NEVER made me feel bad at all. She was just happy to have someone to run with because she just loves running... and that is what it is all about!!
  • tiffanykeaton
    tiffanykeaton Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    shoooot, i can't even get through the couch to 5k training! haha i say that lighthearted, but i really can't :S my blood pressure gets dangerously high. i wish i could do a 5k, i can't even imagine a half-marathon! be proud and let the haters hate. who cares? :)