Inspiration....where do you get it??????

Options
As I go through the daily ups and downs of my health and wellness journey, there are certain people and things that I regularly find myself looking to for inspiration. One of my biggest inspirations is my best friend Joel, who was recently paralyzed in a boating accident. Prior to the accident, Joel was the most active, outgoing, athletic, energetic person that I knew. Joel is now paralyzed from the waist down and will never get to do the things he grew up loving to do. So if there's ever a day when I dont feel like getting up out of bed, or don't feel like getting in that cardio session one day or that quick lift the next...i immediately think about how Joel would do absolutely anything just to be able to go for a jog, or ride a bike. So hes my inspiration. He reminds me that I MUST live not just every day, but every MOMENT, like it were my last. Take advantage of your health and wellness, go for long runs, mountain bike on a muddy trail in the rain, go Skiing this winter even if you've never been. Its things like these that we may not always have the opportunity to do....SO DO THEM! Be as HEALTHY and as HAPPY and as ACTIVE as your physical body allows you! And to answer my post....WHERE DO YOU FIND YOUR INSPIRATION FOR LIVING WELL AND BEING HEALTHY?

Replies

• CindiBryce
    Options
    That's a great inspiration. My main inspiration comes from myself and the knowledge that I am capable of achieving my goals. I used to be active and healthy, and I know I can achieve it again!
  • SunshineKisses_2012
    SunshineKisses_2012 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    A couple of places. My friends who have started on their journey to better health was the last straw that got me to start on my journey, HOWEVER, my son is my biggest motivator. He is such a light to everyone around him and I love being his mommy. I want to be around and able to be fully able to chase after him as long as I am physically able. By being fat, I am limited on what I can do, where I can go, and how I can interact with him. With me losing just 28 lbs so far, I can FINALLY go to Six Flags with him and ride the kid rides without getting looked at funny or told I am too big to be on a ride with him.

My other motivation, sadly, is my sister. She has started on the "I'm going to be fat for the rest of my life" train over the last year and that made me think, "Is this REALLY all I have to look forward to??" My family is ridden with obesity, heart problems, strokes, diabetes, and cancer. I don't want that for me. I don't want that for my son. I have used a negative family history to make a positive impact in my life.

I think it is awesome that you look to your best friend for that motivation. It is a sad reason for why, however if he really does love being active, I know he will find a way to continue to be active in his limited state, but I know you will be there to support him when he does step out to do something.