Trying something new

So, I'm thinking about trying something new this week. Instead of bigtime calorie counting and all that mess, I think this week I'm going to try to eat what I want but within reason. Still no sweets and drink plenty of water, no fastfood, and etc. However, I'm not doing the whole chicken and broccoli thing either. I can't take it. I'm so busy with school that I get hungry doing all my stuff on such "health food." I'm still going to cardio it up everyday, but I realized last night when I was dying for a Coke that I'm being too strict. Are there any of ya'll that think this is ridiculous. I weigh on Fridays so I'm giving it a week. As long as I'm sensible and workout, I really think I'll be okay. This will be easier to go by than a diet, don't you think?

Replies

• sph40
    sph40 Posts: 24
    So, I'm thinking about trying something new this week. Instead of bigtime calorie counting and all that mess, I think this week I'm going to try to eat what I want but within reason. Still no sweets and drink plenty of water, no fastfood, and etc. However, I'm not doing the whole chicken and broccoli thing either. I can't take it. I'm so busy with school that I get hungry doing all my stuff on such "health food." I'm still going to cardio it up everyday, but I realized last night when I was dying for a Coke that I'm being too strict. Are there any of ya'll that think this is ridiculous. I weigh on Fridays so I'm giving it a week. As long as I'm sensible and workout, I really think I'll be okay. This will be easier to go by than a diet, don't you think?
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    I think you should do whatever you feel like. This is for you...not for anyone else. When I was in school full-time and working, I had no time to get to a gym and I didn't. I would occassionally take my dogs for a walk. And at that point in time, I just ate sensibly. But, I can say that I drank a lot (partying) and ate fast food at least once a week. And I did not gain a ton of weight or anything. But it's really a personal decision that no one else can make for you. Whatever you decide to do, I wish you luck! Remember, you have to love yourself...that's all that matters. So, keep us posted. We are here for you!!

*kistinbee*
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    I think you have the right idea. The longer you can manage eating healthy the more likely it will become a lifetime habit and you will actually crave the food. That being said you don't have to be so strict with yourself that you can never enjoy something. Be reasonable with what you eat and watch your portions. Working out will definately help not just with looking better but feeling better and keeping your mind sharp.

Good luck:flowerforyou:
  • amandagreen1980
    amandagreen1980 Posts: 286 Member
    I agree, you should definately give it a go if thats what you want, we all have to find a 'diet/lifestyle' that fits in with our lives and that we can keep up FOREVER, thats the thing, this has to be forever, thats why i don't cut anything out totally.

I have been doing this for 3 months now, and i have still eaten chicken jalfrezi and naan bread (own made), pizza and beans, bagels and cream cheese etc etc and still lost the weight.

I must add that these things were not VERY often, just when i really wanted something like that, i made sure my calorie allowance let me have it, or i would exercise more.

I know this sounds a bit cliche but the more time went on, the more i found i wasn't craving these foods as much, but i think with me it is because i know i am not cutting them out totally! I'm like a little kid, if i tell myself i can't have it, i just want it more until it totally does my head in!!

Hope this helps! :happy:
  • alwaysenl
    alwaysenl Posts: 197 Member
    Yea, I think that you'll do fine. You have to find what works for you and if you feel like you are depriving yourself or like it's a hassle to keep track of calories then your not going to stick with it. You need to feel good about what you are doing. We all want to make a lasting change, a change of lifestyle. We all need to do that our own way...Good luck, I hope it works well for you :)
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    It is at these times that we start to figure out what works for us as individuals. For some it's not so much about eatting healthier as getting workouts in and even more important making sure we are getting the right amount of sleep!

Good luck this week, hope it all goes the way you want, a little less stress somewhere has got to help:wink: