need tips for gaining muscle and losing fat

Options
anyone know any good exercises to transform fat into muscle, if anyone can help me out i would appreciate it

Replies

• Jesung
    Jesung Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Fat doesn't transform into muscle. Build muscle by lifting heavy and eating at a calorie surplus. To lose fat, you eat at a calorie deficit. If you have a good amount of fat to lose, you might be able to gain a bit of muscle on a calorie deficit.
  • Schwiggs
    Schwiggs Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    MAGIC
  • PB67
    PB67 Posts: 376
    Options
    Fat doesn't transform into muscle. Build muscle by lifting heavy and eating at a calorie surplus. To lose fat, you eat at a calorie deficit. If you have a good amount of fat to lose, you might be able to gain a bit of muscle on a calorie deficit.

QFT
  • DdoubleU77
    Options
    lol @ turning muscle into fat?

fatty muscles OR muscular fat?

I have a similar question but it doesn't involve apples and oranges :bigsmile:
  • s062991
    Options
    but doesnt some of the fat turn into muscle ? isnt it easier to gain muscle from fat?
  • slimkitty
    slimkitty Posts: 418
    Options
    I would suggest you look up Tom Venuto and his book Burn The Fat, Feed The Muscle.
  • macylane4
    macylane4 Posts: 224
    Options
    Intense cardio to get rid of the fat....heavy lifting to gain muscle. And you will build muscle and lose fat...you can't do anything about the saggy/loose skin other then make sure you strength train and put muscle where the fat was!!!
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Hi! never mind all the joke-sters above me!!

Your best bet is to eat just like MFP advises (your goals) and work out! cardio for fat burning and lifting of some sort to tone those muscles...

not rocket science....YOU can do this!
  • s062991
    Options
    my gf actually signed me up on mfp because she currently uses it too, and i find it to be useful, i have tried to lose weight and gain muscle befor, i went to the gym ran 2 to 3 miles on treadmill and did weights, but then weekends came and i ate, and drank soda, and slowly stopped going, cant get the motivation to keep going. thats why it is so hard for me. now that me and my gf both go to the gym i think it might go easier. thank you for all ur help, im going to do lots of cardio and eat healthy.
  • StuffyStuff
    StuffyStuff Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    No ma'am, You can REPLACE fat with muscle but you cant turn fat into muscle. It is scientifically impossible. Muscle is built from proteins. Fats are Lipids. Look at diff between eating the meat on a steak and the fat....or even on chicken. Muscle helps to burn the fat..so if you continue to build muscle...it will burn fat even when you are at rest. Cardio, strength training, and lots of veggies fruits and lean meats....I have lost quite a bit in the last month and a half.
  • DdoubleU77
    Options
    Fat and muscle are two completely seperate tissues [/registeredmassagetherapist]
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    check out New Rules of Lifting for Women...you'll get the strength you want and fat loss too (but no, you can't turn fat into muscle...they are biochemically different). You will have to EAT more calories and protein to gain muscle and lose fat too.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,725 Member
    Options
    but doesnt some of the fat turn into muscle ? isnt it easier to gain muscle from fat?
    You cannot change fat cells into muscle cells. It's like trying to change lead into gold.