New, Just wanted to say hi!

Options
weberk
weberk Posts: 34 Member
I joined MFP not to long ago but never really took a good look at it until today.
I decided that I should introduce myself. I'm Kim!

Background story... I have always struggled with weight but when I was 23 years old and 190lbs when I got pregnant with my oldest daughter. I was 238lbs the day before I delivered and swore to myself I would lose the weight... the initial baby weight came off right away... but I was stuck at 215lbs for months. My breaking point was wedding dress shopping... It was horrible. I finally said enough was enough and took control. I was able to lose 55lbs on my own and looked great at my wedding.... but a month later.. "SURPRISE" pregnant again. This time I swore I would keep the weight in check but sure enough the week I delivered I was weighing in at 232lbs.

So we are 12 weeks post baby and I am currently 183lbs. My goal is 145lbs. I would love some friends to help me stay motivated, other moms in particular who can relate to how I feel right now.

I think my biggest challenge is going to be working out and not "cheating". I feel like I binge eat sometimes and a cheat snack turns into a cheat day...and then another and before I know it the whole week is a write off.

Anyways, just wanted to introduce myself and hopefully I will be successful here.

Replies

• Jenelle80
    Options
    Hi Kim, my names Jenelle. Your story sounds so similar to mine! I have 4 kids.. 10yr old, 6yr old , 18mnth old and a 3mnth old.
    I lost the weight after my 18mnth old only to find myself pregnant again! And have to staart all over again and loose the weight. my biggest struggle is finding the time to loose the weight.. with 4 kids to look after and two so young! I'm 80 kg or 176pounds and my first goal is to get down to 72kg (158pd) by christmas. But ultmately i want to get down to 66kg (145pounds)
    Feel free to add me i'm sure we could support each other to reach our goals :smile: