Russian Beats Salad and Meat Ball/Patty Recipes-low cal!

Options
Sorry I always mispell beets :P
These go great together, it's simply amazing salad, I don't even like beats normally but the salad is fantastic. Kotlety can also be cut in half and used on sandwich!

"RUSSIAN VINAIGRETTE": Don't worry about the carbs, the are the good kind "complex"!
A Yummy beets, potatoes, and pickles salad i chopped in cubes, with added olive oil, vinegar and salt. This great energy booster prior to working out. Uses also the good kind of oil, all natural olive oil. Has great source of protein and fiber!
Serving Size: about an over the top filled cereal bowl, 348grams
Calories: 263 cals

vinegret-1.jpg

Picture1-3.png

INGREDIENTS:
about 9 small beat: 2'' in diameter
3 Large Potatoes: about 4-5'' in length
Pompeian 100% Natural Olive Oil
about 5-7 small to large sized pickles

INGREDIENTS MEASURED OUT:
941g Boiled Beets cubed
736g Boiled Potatoes cubed
393g Pickles cubed
3 TBSP Olive Oil
7-9TBSP White Vinegar

DIRECTIONS:
1. Boil Beets and Potatoes seperately till you can easily put a knife through both. Once both are done cool in water briefly than take off the skin by simply pushing the skin off with your fingers, think like deep skin massage, the skin should come of easy, some beats like to be stubborn but don't give up it will come off quick, potatoes come off pretty easy too!
Cool beets and potatoes in the fridge for about 15-20mins, than chop up into aprox. 5/8'' cubes. Make sure not to overcook the potatoes or else they will fall apart.
2. Chop up Pickles into cubes
3. Mix Beets, Potatoes, and Pickle cubes all together
4. Add 3TBSP-4TBSP of Olive Oil, I suggest 3TBSP, I put a little too much into mine
5. Add Vinegar to liking taste, I put about 7-9TBSP of it, maybe less-maybe more
6. Add Salt to taste

Serve and Enjoy!

"RUSSIAN KOTLETY"
A yummy breaded meat patty, something between meat ball and hamburger patty. Creative idea for left overs is cut patty in half and put on sandwich with low-cal dressing! Also this serves 33 patties, feel free to cut the ingredients in half to make half the serving! Low carb, high in protein!
Serving Size: aprox. 67g patty
Calories: 145 cals per 6g
Servings: 33 patties

z3215116M-1.jpg

Picture2-4.png

INGREDIENTS:
Ground Beef/Chicken/Turkey, I made mine with Beef:1356g
About 15 Slices Oroweat Whole Grain Wheat Bread: Soft Family: with crust removed: 248g
about 1/2 onion: 71g
about 2 Garlic Cloves:7g
4 Large Eggs
about 2/3 cups of Springfield Italian Style Bread Crumbs: 59g
Salt
Pepper

INGREDIENTS MEASURED OUT:
-71grams (about 1/2 cup chopped) of White Onion
-7g minced garlic
-248g Oroweat Whole Grain Wheat Bread Slices with crust taken off
-80% Lean, 20% Fat Ground Beef Large Size in Packaging: 1356grams; you can substitute with ground chicken or turkey
-Springfield Italian Style Bread Crumbs: aprox 75grams
-Salt&Pepper: I put lots in
-4 Large Eggs

Directions:
1. Take the bread and take of the crust off. After put the bread in bowl of water and let it soak for about 15mins, smooshing and rotating in between so all of it get properly wet. When done take bread out and squish as much water out of it as possible.
2. Mince garlic
3. Mince or Slice into Small Pieces the onions
4. Mix together with your hands (easier this way) the ground beef, onions, eggs, garlic, wet bread, pepper and salt all together till you can tell it's been well mixed
5. Mix Breadcrumbs about 1/2 cup with bit of salt together
6. Take the mixed meat and shape into oval shapes, about 1 1/2'' wide x 3 1/2'' length, make sure they are not too large.
7. Roll shaped patty in the bread crumbs till the patty is all covered
8. Preheat pan on low, you may want to put a little sticking oil
9. Cook for a while till most edges turn brown, than flip over
10. Cut the largest Kotley in half to see if it's done in center, this will give you an approximate cooking time idea. I usually have 2 pans out and put
11. When Kotlety is done, put in pre-heated oven @250 so that they stay warm as you cook the rest

Serve and Enjoy!

Replies

• ursula0601k
    ursula0601k Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Can u believe I have never eaten a beet! What do they taste like? The salad sounds super yummy and I will have to try it! Thanks!
  • MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Beets are soft, and easy to bite through when boiled but still sorta hard, they very slightly sweet, but unoticeable in this salad. It a lot like a boiled potato when you bite it except smoother! This salad is just so good, everyone I have made it for so far loved it!