late night munchies.

Options
i LOVE eating at night. i prefer to skip breakfast and eat bacon and eggs at midnight. but of course i haven't been able to do any of that since i got healthy. so my problem now, is i'll eat all my proper meals and then around 11pm i get freaky hungry. i can usually either go to sleep early or shove a fruit in my mouth...but sometimes i rip open the crackers and cheese...then i see the muffin on the table...then of course you need milk for the muffin...well i go mad. ideas?

Replies

• darbym7
    darbym7 Posts: 61
    Options
    I'm the SAME way. What I do, is drink a lot of water when hunger strikes. a lot of the time, our body is thirsty not hungry. if that doesnt work, ill get low cal string cheese, or carrots or something smaller. because i could eat and eat and eat. its all about your attitude. just think "think about your butt"
  • aliciar3
    Options
    Brush your teeth and go to bed!!! :)
  • mindyahart
    Options
    I'm really bad at snacking at night! I've found that it is not because I am hungry but simply that I am tired. :( The more tired the more I want junk food. I try to go to bed before that happens but sometimes the snack monster prevails and I am a half box of wheat thins and cream cheese in before I realize what I've done. The best you can do when that happens is start over fresh the next day. :) Try and pay attention to your body signals and listen wether you're tired or truly hungry... I don't know if this is too much help but it is my 2 cents haha
  • LighterEachDay
    Options
    I'm just starting on here but I wanted to sympathize, because that's how it is for me, too. I think I'm just going to eat lightly during the day and save some calories for nighttime. I can't sleep if I'm hungry.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting on here but I wanted to sympathize, because that's how it is for me, too. I think I'm just going to eat lightly during the day and save some calories for nighttime. I can't sleep if I'm hungry.

This
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options

This

Same.

I log from midnight-midnight. I almost always eat something between midnight and two am. I log it and work it into my day. This doesn't have to be a problem.
  • quiksandy
    quiksandy Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. For me it helps to drink decaf tea. No calories and it fills me up. My other trick is to brush and thoroughly floss my teeth. Then I don't want to have to go through all of that again so I don't eat.
  • blue_focus2002
    Options
    I am the same way! I work second shift, 3-11, so when I get home at 11:30 or so, I am hungry! I have to have a snack of some sort. I have been trying low fat string cheese, skinny cow ice cream, and rolled up slices of deli chicken or ham, and baby carrots. This definately helps me calm the craving! Good luck!
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Brush your teeth and go to bed!!! :)

This is my problem or was. Now I am most likely to be tucked up in bed away from temptation. I get up earlier then Im more tired. I used to like nothing better than crumpets or toast with butter before bed. I still treat myself every now and then but had to knock it on the head as I was starting to look like a crumpet lol. Good luck with it. Bad habits are hard to break but you could always have something healthier before bed then you dont feel completely miserable :O) x
  • decooper
    decooper Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I havee the same problem. I work nights so my schedule is all whacked out. If you eaat something make it light on the car. Some of my favorites : nuts, yogurt ( lite, greek if you like it), apple, veggies, dark choclate (1 oz), cup of light popcorn, water, tea. Good luck