New to MFP :)

Options
Hi there! I'm Fae, newly migrated here from another fitness/food tracking site that just didn't have the kind of community feel I was looking for. So hopefully MFP is more up my alley! :)

I'm 37 and at my last weigh in on Friday the 21st, I weighed 265.2 pounds. This is depressing for a couple of reasons. One, obviously, is that it's a gross number. I'm 5'5" and blech, that number feels and looks awful. But also because, Two, is that I had lost nearly 20 pounds of that number this past spring. I was tracking and working out at home with videos and eating really great. I was doing fab. Then I decided after 2 1/2 months that I wasn't getting the workout I wanted at home and wanted to pay the fee to use the awesome gym provided by my apartment complex to members. Problem being that I smoked and knew I'd never get much further with my fitness if I didn't quit. So I did. And it completely messed up my progress and kicked me off track. I put so much focus and energy into fighting the cravings for cigarettes that I stopped focusing on fighting to keep eating healthy and working out.

I don't regret quitting, obviously, but I gained every single pound I had lost back over the last almost 6 months. And that bums me out because I'm back at square one.

But! I'm at square one minus the monkey of smoking on my back and I can breathe better and I'm not wheezing and I'm positive it'll be a huge advantage now that I'm starting to get back on track. So yeah, that's my story sort of lol. I just came to a realization in February that it was either make a change or I was going to have to go up another pant size. And standing there in the middle of a pile of jeans that didn't fit, I just lost it. No way was I going up another pant size. I was going to go down. So now that I'm in a much healthier place physically minus the 23 years of smoking, it's time to get serious again!

I hope to make lots of buddies on here to talk to and help motivate each other and just for camaraderie. I work from home as a romance novelist, so I don't have co-workers or things like that to buddy up with. I do, however, have a wonderful life partner who is doing this with me, so yay for supportive partners! :)

Hope to talk to everyone soon!

Replies

• mommy2isa
    Options
    Hi Fae! I know it's tough but now that you have the smoking out of the way, you can now bring focus back to weight loss. Yay! I'll send you an add request =)