do you have quirky food habits?

Options
fragilegift
fragilegift Posts: 347 Member
probably ones that annoy your friends. ^_^

Mine are: I wont drink coffee after 12pm. It must have the milk before hot water, and if you are making your own coffee at my place, woe betide if you put coffee granules in the sugar jar!

I don't eat after 6pm. If I do I cant sleep until some ungodly hour.

I wont eat while 'travelling' - that includes driving, being the passenger, while walking (around town) and I even try to eat sitting down.

Not sure if anyone else does it, but I think of food in terms of carbs, protein and 'good stuff' (vitamins) rather than an item. So instead of thinking..'oh wow, this lasagna looks great' when regarding a fresh store lasagna, I will be thinking protein, fat, some carbs...heartburn. I know this drives at least one of my friend batty.

How about you? tell me I'm not the only odd one.

Replies

• quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I usually eat everything de-constructed. For example, I take apart a burger and eat it piece by piece. And I like eating with my hands...
  • krissykross
    Options
    I have behaviors that I'm trying to get over but the biggest one is that foods can't touch on a plate. If I have something runny, it goes in a separate bowl or plate. That's probably something that'll last forever.
  • EmBlazes
    EmBlazes Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I used to drink vinegar and salad dressing from a shot glass. Not so much now though :)

Agree with no eating while travelling to some extent - I will never eat on a plane if I can help it (mainly to stop me from eating empty unhealthy calories when I travel for work).
  • marzahl68
    marzahl68 Posts: 201
    Options
    I'm sure it's just because I've been counting calories on here: I feel compelled to tell my family how much calories are in the foods they eat. They don't say anything but I know they are totally annoyed. I need to stop this!
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I'm working towards eating foods with more than 4 or 5 ingredients. Soups and stews are stressful for me. I don't eat food from someone if I have never seen their kitchen. I don't eat the pointy, crunchy ends of french fries (fry tails), I pick them off and set them aside. My family and friends get the biggest giggle out of this.