Bit of an Odd Success But...

Options
Hannah_Banana
Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
I finally convinced DH to start exercising again!

About a year before meeting me he was in peak physical condition. He was 5'7 and 130lbs (I know, sounds skinny - it was, but it was all muscle) He was an assistant martial arts instructor and so he was on the floor exercising 6 + hours a night 7 days a week. He ate like a horse, but had always been ridiculously skinny.

He went to college and met me, now two years later he is 160lbs and softish. :ohwell: I have been telling him that I of course, love him and his love handles, BUT he can't whine at me about how unhappy he is with his body and not do anything about it. After months of 'but I don't have any motivation!' and trying to get him to do exercise tapes/challenges with me I succeeded last night!

He agreed to start the P90X! I will not be joining him because I'm not anywhere close to that fitness level yet, but I'm just so excited for him! He is a fight choreographer/part time stunt man so his job requires him to stay active and he has been struggling. I showed him the YouTube success stories for P90X and I think it finally hit him hard - he COULD be fit again.

Now, all I have to worry about is him getting really skinny again. :sad: I'm hoping now that he's older, eating better and his metabolism has slowed down, he won't be the rail I met 2 years ago. :tongue:

I love that MFP doesn't just encourage US to get healthy, it encourages our family too. :drinker: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:

Replies

• Hannah_Banana
    Options
    I finally convinced DH to start exercising again!

About a year before meeting me he was in peak physical condition. He was 5'7 and 130lbs (I know, sounds skinny - it was, but it was all muscle) He was an assistant martial arts instructor and so he was on the floor exercising 6 + hours a night 7 days a week. He ate like a horse, but had always been ridiculously skinny.

He went to college and met me, now two years later he is 160lbs and softish. :ohwell: I have been telling him that I of course, love him and his love handles, BUT he can't whine at me about how unhappy he is with his body and not do anything about it. After months of 'but I don't have any motivation!' and trying to get him to do exercise tapes/challenges with me I succeeded last night!

He agreed to start the P90X! I will not be joining him because I'm not anywhere close to that fitness level yet, but I'm just so excited for him! He is a fight choreographer/part time stunt man so his job requires him to stay active and he has been struggling. I showed him the YouTube success stories for P90X and I think it finally hit him hard - he COULD be fit again.

Now, all I have to worry about is him getting really skinny again. :sad: I'm hoping now that he's older, eating better and his metabolism has slowed down, he won't be the rail I met 2 years ago. :tongue:

I love that MFP doesn't just encourage US to get healthy, it encourages our family too. :drinker: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Good for him (and you for giving him the nudge)! :smile:
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    My husband trys to exercise with me however he is not eating healthy and I can't get him to see that this is not good he has to start counting and he tells me he does but he does it all in his head. I told him that is no good he needs to start putting it down so he knows and can't skip anything. :noway: IM starting to give up and when he wants to exercise with me then he will and when he is ready to start eating right he will but im going to continue to buying the right food. :drinker:
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear he's getting back on track and that you are supporting him :smile:

I keep seeing this P90X! but have no clue what it is!!

I know how you feel about hoping he doesn't get too skinny again - While I want my boyfriend to be happy in his own skin and of course, healthy - I honestly prefer his body bigger! (although I'd still love him if he ever did get too skinny - I suppose I'd get used to it!) :laugh:
  • Hannah_Banana
    Options
    Glad to hear he's getting back on track and that you are supporting him :smile:

I keep seeing this P90X! but have no clue what it is!!

I know how you feel about hoping he doesn't get too skinny again - While I want my boyfriend to be happy in his own skin and of course, healthy - I honestly prefer his body bigger! (although I'd still love him if he ever did get too skinny - I suppose I'd get used to it!) :laugh:

Hehe, I just struggle NOW, that he's so much smaller than me. I don't think I could handle him being 130lbs again... :embarassed: He gets equally freaked out though that I might one day be smaller than him. :tongue: He doesn't like little women because he feels like he will break them. Always glad to hear that I'm so nice and sturdy. :ohwell: :laugh:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    that is so great. my hubby was rail thin at 145, 5'10" and now he is 188. so he has gained weight also. I tried to get him to work out one day with me with an exercise video, but he got maybe 15 minutes into it and sit down and said that it wasn't for him. He perfers to be outside walking, but we can't do that right now as it has been really cold.(well cold for here). I want to get outside to walk too. I love the fresh air.
  • gottaluvboyz
    gottaluvboyz Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    WooHoo!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!