Sore after lifting weights?

I have been doing CLX for 2 weeks now and i asked MFP friends if I need to leave a day between the weight sessions as I wanted to do more and I was told by many if I feel like doing it again the next day I'm not lifting heavy enough so I upped my weights for the second week. Most by double, I reach failure between 10 & 12 reps like it says but I have not been sore at all. Should I go heavier and reach failure earlier or am I just lucky?

Replies

• Yes, lift heavier and do 8-10 reps. Once you can start doing that weight to 12 reps...it's time to bump it up again.
  • mrdee555
    mrdee555 Posts: 178
    Imo failure is failure no mater what weight your lifting, i dont lift heavy weight anymore usually do more reps to pre-exhaust the muscle then start my counted sets you wont be able to lift as much but its alot easier on joints and would help prevent injury, i use weight that i can feel the muscle working not heavy weight that i could lift but get less from it as my form would not be as tight and strict. hope this helps
  • krypt5
    krypt5 Posts: 243 Member
    I have been doing CLX for 2 weeks now and i asked MFP friends if I need to leave a day between the weight sessions as I wanted to do more and I was told by many if I feel like doing it again the next day I'm not lifting heavy enough so I upped my weights for the second week. Most by double, I reach failure between 10 & 12 reps like it says but I have not been sore at all. Should I go heavier and reach failure earlier or am I just lucky?

You don't necessarily have to experience soreness to judge that you had a good workout.
  • mrdee555
    mrdee555 Posts: 178
    Imo failure is failure no mater what weight your lifting, i dont lift heavy weight anymore usually do more reps to pre-exhaust the muscle then start my counted sets you wont be able to lift as much but its alot easier on joints and would help prevent injury, i use weight that i can feel the muscle working not heavy weight that i could lift but get less from it as my form would not be as tight and strict. hope this helps

Oh and i weight train 6-7 days a week 1 body part at a time except maybe abs and calves togather
  • melcowenfitness
    melcowenfitness Posts: 221 Member

If you are reaching failure during the workouts, then you are doing the right amount of weights. When that weight level becomes easier, then bump it up.

Don't you love Chalene? Her workouts are awesome and she's so motivating!!!

Mel