How do I calculate calories for a homemade meal?

Options
I thought I had seen a post in the past that showed a website that allows you to enter the ingredients and would tell you how many servings the meal made and how many calories were in each serving but I can't seem to find it. Is there such a website or can it be done from here? The main reason I am wondering is because I am fixing to make some spaghetti, yes I know it's horrible, but I need to see what size the serving should be with all my ingredients and how horrific the calorie count in each serving is. I know the total calorie count for the entire pot will be 3300.

Replies

• maepis
    maepis Posts: 51
    Options
    I thought I had seen a post in the past that showed a website that allows you to enter the ingredients and would tell you how many servings the meal made and how many calories were in each serving but I can't seem to find it. Is there such a website or can it be done from here? The main reason I am wondering is because I am fixing to make some spaghetti, yes I know it's horrible, but I need to see what size the serving should be with all my ingredients and how horrific the calorie count in each serving is. I know the total calorie count for the entire pot will be 3300.
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Caloriecount.com has one of those :)

Works awesome and will give the recipe a letter grade based on nutritional information also.
  • maepis
    maepis Posts: 51
    Options
    Thank you. I'll check it out.
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Here's another one that I found mentioned here on mfp:
    http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calculator.asp
    Good luck! I love spaghetti too and I don't deprive myself. Just pay attention to portion and what else you've had that day.
  • swtally80
    swtally80 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I use sparkspeople.com too!:flowerforyou:
  • ness13hill
    Options
    Thank you for asking this question! I have wondered about it my self for awhile :)
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    You can do it here by entering all your ingredients and using the "remember meal" feature - just remember to mark how many servings that meal made so you can enter the correct portion amount when you eat it.