BAD CONSTIPATION!!! :(

liveyourlifex
liveyourlifex Posts: 149 Member
edited October 4 in Food and Nutrition
I NEED HELP! i havent had a proper bowel movement for a good amount of time. since yesterday, i started drinking a big glass of green tea followed by a big glass of coffee. i hate coffee but i read that it makes people poop instantly. i do eat healthy. for breakfast, i eat oatmeal with nuts, for lunch i make a turkey lettuce sandwich with either an apple or pear, then around 3 i eat another meal that my mom makes (brown rice, soup, beans, etc) then for dinner, i either eat kashi golean crunch cereal with berries or rice with veggies and other stuff. i feel so disgusting because i want to have a normal bowel movement but nothing works! ive tried prunes, prune juice, honey in water, everything! i dont wanna try laxatives because i dont want to have to depend on them for future references. i want to try miralax but im pretty sure its not gonna work. i wanna try milk of magnesia but i also think its not gonna work. any ideas? i know i should see a doctor but if this continues, i will see one soon. PLEASE HELP ME!

by the way, i also drink about 5 bottles of water a day, eat snacks, etc. i also wake up an hour earlier and just sit on the toilet. i wake up at 5, drink green tea and coffee, and wait. but nothing. usually, i would have a small bowel movement, but nothing too big. sorry if this is a little tmi but im not trying to be funny or anything

Replies

• inspiration345
    inspiration345 Posts: 218 Member
    Sounds bad.Maybe you should go to the doctor.
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Are you on any medication? Every time I take Aleve or the likes, I get constipated. Actually, I rarely take medicine for that reason.
  • jakejacobsen
    jakejacobsen Posts: 584 Member
    I have noticed a similar problem with my new healthy eating habits. I use Mirilax it helps me.

TMI WARNING....

I have noticed my bm's are 1/2 the size they used to be. I credit this with my body using what I eat now.

Best of luck getting things moving,

Jake
  • janet5432
    janet5432 Posts: 39 Member
    You mentioned cereal. Did you have milk with it? You could be lactose intolerant. I drank milk my whole life now my son and me struggle with drinking milk. I wanted cereal so bad the other day but it is not worth it. Just a thought.
  • xox_shree_xox
    xox_shree_xox Posts: 39 Member
    Try Senna Tea / Senna tablets they are completely herbal and work extremely well :)
  • xox_shree_xox
    xox_shree_xox Posts: 39 Member
    Try Senna Tea / Senna tablets they are completely herbal and work extremely well :)
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    I know how you feel. I can go days without a bowel movement when eating a healthy diet. It's really frustrating. If I got back to eating burgers and chips I don't have an issue. I hope you find a solution.
  • Kichelchen
    Kichelchen Posts: 79 Member
    Keep an eye on fibers, just one day where I don't have enough can make me not go for a couple of days. Cereals, fresh and dried fruit, everything wholewheat, prunes as you said etc. I checked your diary, you were really good on fibers the last two days, but before that you were in the green numbers, you have to wait now until it comes and then try and keep that fiber as high as possible.
    Also, movement helps, exercise, go for a walk if exercise is too painful, but keep moving!!
    If still not, go check with the doctors, there might be something wrong with your bowels, I know someone who had that, your bowels could just have stopped working and need to get kicked into working again, and laxatives in that case are absolutely necessary, plus something to sort the bacteria out that help you digest etc.

Hope this helps, I know what you're going through, good luck :)
  • Rocking_Robin
    Rocking_Robin Posts: 238 Member
    My daughter grew up with horrrible constipation, I have used both Miralax and Milk of Mag. with her and both worked, if you try them I would take them twice a day,and give it a day or two... when my daughter was about 8 yrs. the doctor had her on adult doses her issue was bad and daily not every once an awhile. I would say you need a stool softner pill for a few days, maybe two. And double your daily water intake for sure!! They sell these over the counter by the laxatives, my feeling is this if you use a laxative right now you will not get addicted, it is when people use them every day constantly where people run into trouble. I would also have to use ememas and suppositories (sp) on my daughter but never really worked to clean her out. I dont know how you feel about those but if you are desparate that may help right away for quicker relief...or every once an a while I would have to buy something called sodium nitrate also in the laxative area kind of like a 7up-ish drink that works like an enema, drink it cold and start with half a bottle. my daughter had better luck with this but this is not something you want to do alot, just every once and a while when you are really that bad, I would do this when you could stay home for a half day just in case. Senna pills are a great product too and all natural.... Good Luck!!
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    When I was a manager at a non profit org that assisted handicapped adults with daily living skills, I had a client who had really bad constipation. The staff found this recipe and the client ate it daily. I don't remember if its good tasting or not, but it seemed to work really well. We would make 3-4 days worth at a time.

http://www.grandmas-wisdom.com/relieving-constipation.html

Hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.