Huh. Tracking food intake actually works.

Options
It surprised me. I joined MFP some weeks ago and started tracking food intake. Missed a week, but I'm back on it. Now I am very conscious about that second cookie or having a last sandwich for the evening. It is working. In about 3 weeks I lost about 3 pounds.

Sometimes I go over because I *want* that bagel. On average, I stay on target. It might take several months instead of weeks to hit the goal. By tracking food, I feel confident I will hit the target and succeed.

How fortunate to live in a country where I can get fat. Many countries do not have adequate food.

Replies

• sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this site! :D I'm in my second year of college, and this site does wonders for me. My first year, I tracked my food using a journal, but this site allows me to know exactly what I need to do, and what not to do. I LOVE IT!
  • JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    Options
    How fortunate to live in a country where I can get fat.

:laugh:
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    It is a great site, and makes tracking very easy. Its hard not to develop good habits, when we have so many tools at our disposal and we use them. I like to run the reports and see over time how I have done. It helps me determine where I could improve and what my next steps are going to be. I used to journal in a notebook, but to go back and assess what I had done, took too long. Love this site and the many friends I have made thus far.

Enjoy your journey!!
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    surfrgrl1, your Bride of Frankenstein avatar is disturbing. Besides, it is simply cheating to lose weight by swapping out body parts.