stress fracture?

Options
Our training group had a 7 mile run yesterday and towards the end I got this horrible pain in the bottom of my foot and toes. I am limping badly today. The trainer said to get it xrayed for a stress fracture if it doesn't get better. Anyone else have a stress fracture? Help!
Bunny

Replies

• bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Our training group had a 7 mile run yesterday and towards the end I got this horrible pain in the bottom of my foot and toes. I am limping badly today. The trainer said to get it xrayed for a stress fracture if it doesn't get better. Anyone else have a stress fracture? Help!
    Bunny
  • msujdak
    msujdak Posts: 141
    Options
    You might also have a muscle spasm in either the muscle down the front or the side of the shin. [img]http://tickers.myfitnesspal.com/ticker/show/0/1403/1403.png[er the muscle down the front or the side of the shin./img][/img]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • iojoi
    iojoi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    sorry to hear that :flowerforyou:
    i broke my toe and am only just allowed to start exercising again
  • sweetassurance
    Options
    I hope you feel better soon. :flowerforyou: as far as your pain, I am not sure what type of pain you are referring to but when I use to work at a job that required me to engage in sport on a daily basis, I experienced some major knife stabbing pains on the bottom of my feet. It ran down from the bottom of my heal to the arch and some times to my toes. It was horrible it felt like if I had a bone spur but after x-rays did not show any.

Therefore, I went to sports therapy for a while to learn how to stretch out my leg and do foot extensions, which helped a lot. I use to soak my feet in hot water with Epson salt. I also did some roll your foot over a bottle of a cup of ice therapy as well. It took some time but I Thank God that it did heal. So now, if I began to experience any foot discomfort at all, I start massaging and stretching out my legs. I do my foot streches, and it goes away. My foot doctor also recommends that I wear only New Balance because of the support that they give to the feet. Anyways, hang in there :happy: hopefully your doctor will think of someting that will make you feel better soon. :flowerforyou:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    It could be a stress fracture or it could be a tendon. I would try icing and resting and if it is not feeling any better then go to the Dr. I had what I thought was a stress fracture in my foot a couple years ago but it turned out to be a bad case of tendonitis in the tendons on top of my foot. Hope you feel better soon!!

Jess (queen of tendonitis, I've had plantar fasciitis, achilles tendonitis, and IT band strain over the span of the last 3 years!)
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Thanks sweet assurance and JessMom. I think I will go get it checked out this week. I can definitely not run on it! It hurts to walk. It's encouraging to hear that you have recovered from various injuries and are still running. My heart was sinking when I heard stress fracture....but we will see.
    Thanks
    Bunny
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Thanks sweet assurance and JessMom. I think I will go get it checked out this week. I can definitely not run on it! It hurts to walk. It's encouraging to hear that you have recovered from various injuries and are still running. My heart was sinking when I heard stress fracture....but we will see.
    Thanks
    Bunny

Yes, definitely get it checked! I have learned that for me, stretching is the KEY along w/ running on non-consecutive days. Strength training has helped me get stronger and I have learned that I have to listen to my body (I've learned the hard way!) and watch how much I'm running. Good shoes help too! One of my running buddies is dealing with a stress fracture in her leg and has been off from running about 6 weeks but has been able to walk and do other exercises.

Jess