Banana "Ice Cream"

kristie874
kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
Okay, so a friend of mine was telling me that she does this for her son and calls it ice cream. Says it's really good. She'll just buy bananas, slice, and freeze them. She breaks off a chunk of them, puts them in a blender, adds a little milk and, VOILA, banana ice cream! If you like it sweeter you could add a little Splenda. A few frozen berries would be good, too!

Replies

• kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Okay, so a friend of mine was telling me that she does this for her son and calls it ice cream. Says it's really good. She'll just buy bananas, slice, and freeze them. She breaks off a chunk of them, puts them in a blender, adds a little milk and, VOILA, banana ice cream! If you like it sweeter you could add a little Splenda. A few frozen berries would be good, too!
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Yep I do something like this too. Though I don't usually use milk but rice milk or something. It is very tasty.

Eve
  • MECHE
    MECHE Posts: 25
    THAT SOUND GOOD, ILL DEFINETLY TRY IT!
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    YUM!
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    This is great I just tried it and my kids are going to love it. This is also a great way to use up those bananas that are about to go bad. Awesome thanks for sharing I used fat free millk and froze the banana whole lol guess I should have peel it first I had to cut the peel off with a knife
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    :laugh: Peeling definately helps

Cutting them into chunks is a good idea too. I have killed a few blenders :grumble:
  • dinosgirl
    dinosgirl Posts: 157 Member
    What a terrific idea - thanks! My boys love bananas and I can have a healthy snack as well!