I want chocolate!

Options
I am trying to do good, but i want chocolate so bad!!! can i have a cheat day???

Replies

• naner
    naner Posts: 110
    Options
    I am trying to do good, but i want chocolate so bad!!! can i have a cheat day???
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    How about a nice cup of diet hot cocoa (if you have any??)

Or a nice chocolatey fiber bar like Fiber One's oat's 'n chocolate or the new Kellogg's fiber plus antioxidants dark chocolate almond (these are awesomely yummy!)

But if you REALLY want chocolate, yes - you CAN have some. Preferably dark, and less than 200 calories worth - that's actually not bad for you on an occasional basis.

:smile:
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    60 calorie Jello Chocolate pudding.

delish!
  • MattySparky
    Options
    you can eat whatever you want, just work it off if you're worried about it. Sure chocolate isn't the best thing for you regardless of weather or not you work off the cals, but lets be honest. In order to be healthy you need to be mentally healthy as well and enjoy things once in a while. Just keep it once in a while and remember that all most people need is to slip once and it becomes a habit.
  • hopeitworks
    hopeitworks Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I went to the grocery store before. I had to walk by a Dunkin Donuts, the bakery aisle and the donuts and cake aisle to get to the fruit aisle. Then at the check-out I was next to a display of all types of chocolate candy. I thought I was going to die trying to fight the temptation!!
    I bought an apple instead. Two weeks ago, I would have bought a bag of M&Ms.
    Hang in there. The sugar free chocolate pudding is a great craving buster - so is a sugar free fudge pop.
  • swiftyoung
    swiftyoung Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I have chocolate everyday!! I have 3 pcs of Green & Black's 85% cocoa@ 70 calories or try Lindt's 85% cocoa 2 pcs for less than 100 calories. Available @ Target. Enjoy!!!!
  • MattySparky
    Options
    Keep in mind folks it's not always cals... it's fat as well.
  • rosered51
    rosered51 Posts: 189
    Options
    Yes you can have chocolate...just keep in mind that you need to be truthful and honest on your food diary. And having chocolate doesnt mean you need to eat the whole bag or the whole candy bar. If I deny myself everything, I binge HORRIBLY, if I do everything in moderation and keep in mind the ultmate goal, I have a more balanced outlook.

Good luck and remember, one treat (not a whole cheat day) doesn't mean you are cheating. I hate that word "cheating", because ultimately the person being harmed is you. Think of it as a reward...a reward for keeping to your food and exercise goals...a small reward won't kill the party, but may keep you in the swing of things for the long haul!

GOOD LUCK!
  • swiftyoung
    swiftyoung Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Good point about the fat in chocolate, to clarify
    Green and Black's 85% 3 pcs fat 5g 70cal
    Lindt's 85% 2 pcs fat 9g 105 cal
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I have a couple different alternatives for chocolate.

One of my favorites is a TBSP of Nestle semi-sweet chocolate pieces (the kind you make cookies with). I eat them slowly, one at a time. And when I'm finished, my chocolate craving is normally gone.

If I need 'real chocolate' I have a bag of Hershey's kisses that I will pull one or two out of. Make sure you keep the bag somewhere it isn't convienant to reach. Grab the chocolate, go about your business and do NOT go back to the bag.

Enjoy chocolate, heck enjoy FOOD, just enjoy it in moderation. :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • food_junkie
    Options
    No Pudge Fat Free Brownies!

:smile:
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I agree with moderation. One dark chocolate hersheys kiss is 20cal. I allow myself 6 a day. I don't always eat them but I know I can if I want to. I keep a bowl out on my kitchen table. My friends think it's the never ending bowl of chocolate!
    I never thought I'd be able to have it there and not eat the whole bowl. But I believe we can train ourselves to eat in moderation. I tried to go the "I'm not going to eat chocolate" route. I just wanted it more. You need to decide what you are willing to live without. And what and how you're going to live with the things you don't want to live without.