abs

Options
what are the best exercises for burning ab fat? looking for easy not long and time consuming exercises

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym, so eat at a caloric deficit and do some cardio and your abs will show once you BF% is low enough.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Diet. Abs are made in the kitchen

You can't spot reduce fat. Only way to get abs is to lower your body fat %
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Sorry double post
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    what are the best exercises for burning ab fat? looking for easy not long and time consuming exercises

ROTFL

Easy, short & abs don't go together.
  • _Peacebone_
    _Peacebone_ Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately you can't target fat loss. Do all the crunches you want, you won't see abs until your overall bodyfat is lower.
  • khua0808
    Options
    abs fundamental formula = 0.9 * (diet ) + 0.1 * (abs workout)
  • khua0808
    Options
    Integrated over 2-5 months of time
  • silent1988
    Options
    okay then what are the best ways to lower body fat quicker? i have been eating better and staying below my calorie intake but it doesnt seem to be working very well
    Options

ROTFL

Easy and short really aren't words that fit into body composition in general xD
    Options
    okay then what are the best ways to lower body fat quicker? i have been eating better and staying below my calorie intake but it doesnt seem to be working very well

Thats all you can do. It takes a while. You lose body fat at a slow pace. You didn't gain all the fat over night and shouldn't expect to lose it that fast either
  • khua0808
    Options
    Actually losing 1-2 pounds a week is already at a great speed because when people gain weight they probably did it slowly over the interval of .5-1 pounds a week without knowing it until it got out of control
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Cardio and weight training are your best bet, and as the other posters have said, you can't target fat loss.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    ::sigh::
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

ROTFL

this!!!!!!
  • khua0808
    Options
    Do you have a particular date you want it by? or just as fast as possible in general?
  • Legalchica
    Options
    ::sigh::

hehehe deep breaths!!
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    everyone has already answered your question correctly....that you can't spot reduce and that any amount of ab exercises will not burn belly fat.

however, I wanted to chime in that there still is some merit to doing some ab exercises to improve your core strength. there are benefits to this, even if they are not so obvious under the layer(s) of fat. anyway, one of the best core strengthening exercises is the plank. In addition to the plank, I like to do a plank with a toe tap...while you're in the plank, extend one leg to your side as much as possible, tapping your toes, and returning to the start position. repeat for the other side. the stability ball roll-out is another good core strengthening exercise.
  • khua0808
    Options
    Strenthening abs muscle is a future investment in having BETTER ABs than not doing the exercises... all of this assuming you get a low body fat in the future to be able to see it
  • silent1988
    Options
    no dont really have a date would just like it as quickly as possible i am losing weight slowly it just doesnt seem like my body fat is gettign any lower
    Options
    everyone has already answered your question correctly....that you can't spot reduce and that any amount of ab exercises will not burn belly fat.

however, I wanted to chime in that there still is some merit to doing some ab exercises to improve your core strength. there are benefits to this, even if they are not so obvious under the layer(s) of fat. anyway, one of the best core strengthening exercises is the plank. In addition to the plank, I like to do a plank with a toe tap...while you're in the plank, extend one leg to your side as much as possible, tapping your toes, and returning to the start position. repeat for the other side. the stability ball roll-out is another good core strengthening exercise.

100% agree with this thought. Core exercises are great.

Squats and deads! Go go go