what is the quickest you have lost 5 lbs and how

Options
i have a gig comming up and wanna fit in to a preticular pair of jeans. please help!

Replies

• ruesinger
    Options
    i have a gig comming up and wanna fit in to a preticular pair of jeans. please help!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    nothing healthy i'm afraid. everything that's really fast is unhealthy, or illegal, or both.

but, try this:
    cut calories to 1200/day, use a sauna to sweat a bunch, pray:wink:
  • KatieEppers
    KatieEppers Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    The fastest is since I have been using MFP. I cut my calories to 1200/day and track EVERYTHING! Been working out a bit, started doing some jogging. I have lost 5 pounds since January 10! HTH.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    when I started this I lost 6 pounds in a week. I drink NOTHING but water all day long. I exercise every day and I have stopped going to fast food resturants and eating any kind of junk food, such as cheeseburgers, fries, anything fatening. Good luck to you, I just know you will do great.
  • msujdak
    msujdak Posts: 141
    Options
    Cut out your carbs a la Atkins Style! You can't believe how much "bloat" you have from carbs! So no bread, cereal fruits etc. Just higher amts of protien and a few veggies like spinach and broccoli. Also I just read that the night before a Red Carpet Event, Heidi Klum takes a bath in epsom salts for detoxification. If it works for Heidi:happy:
  • laobgyn
    Options
    Has anyone had any luck with Hydroxycut Max?
  • weesel80
    weesel80 Posts: 186
    Options
    Agree...cut back the carbs. Quickest way to drop 5-10 pounds quick. Just don't stay like that, not healthy...:ohwell:

109912.png
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    what is the quickest you have lost 5 lbs and how

Food poisoning.
    Doubtful you wanna go that route.
    Just eat as well as possible (fresh fruit, veggies, whole grains, water) and exercise.
    Good luck!
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Has anyone had any luck with Hydroxycut Max?

Ugh, I am scared to do diet pills any more. I tried Metabolife back when it was popular. Racing heart beat and the weight came right back after I stopped taking them.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    when is your 'gig'?
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Agree...cut back the carbs. Quickest way to drop 5-10 pounds quick. Just don't stay like that, not healthy...:ohwell:

109912.png
    well if a person cuts back carbs to much ........well just picture the hot jeans with you in them passed out on the floor:wink: Carbs are vital to our health. Cutting out unhealthy carbs is a great idea!:flowerforyou:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Anything you lose from cutting carbohydrates will just be water and stored sugar. You won't see much of a difference in terms of inches and it won't be fat loss. You'll just look soft. Sorry, the healthy, balanced way is always the best.:wink:
  • katznketo
    katznketo Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    When I eat only fish, veggies, and a small amount of fruit, the weight drops off like crazy. I eat 1 ounce of oatmeal in the morning, 2 oz of yam at lunch and at dinner along with healthy protein and veggies. I think its healthy and can't believe how the weight comes off. No processed foods.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    When I eat only fish, veggies, and a small amount of fruit, the weight drops off like crazy. I eat 1 ounce of oatmeal in the morning, 2 oz of yam at lunch and at dinner along with healthy protein and veggies. I think its healthy and can't believe how the weight comes off. No processed foods.

Sounds like you're starving yourself.
    Just because the food isn't processed doesn't mean you're being healthy. When you don't eat enough, your body breaks itself down from the inside for energy.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    But can you keep this up for the long run, 100 lbs? That's not much food, a person of higher weight truly does need more cals to keep your body running in good health. If food is simply reduced drastically to lose weight, it's merely another 'diet' where a person most likely than not will gain back the pounds lost and many times more.:noway:

A lifestyle change which is what MFP is all about is keeping it real, keeping it as something a person can do the rest of their lives. You may be losing fast but losing fast isn't always the healthiest, lbs. have a much higher chance of staying off for good if the weight is lost in a healthier manner. Just concerned is all.....:ohwell:

FC:heart:
  • nicolet04
    nicolet04 Posts: 830
    Options
    i started drinking 150-200 oz of water with lemon in it and in the the first week i dropped 6lbs and have kept it off!!! also if you cut out salt it should help!!! good luck!!
  • valina
    valina Posts: 9
    Options
    The Miracle Soup Diet - aka the Cabbage Soup Diet. I'm just finishing up with the last day and as of this morning I'm down by 7 pounds and haven't been hungry at all. The fruit days I made shakes with soymilk and yogurt. There are several things you can do with the limited choices and if you check the web can find versions that include protein as well. The soup can be made a variety of ways and even my kid enjoys the soup - mix it up and have fun.

Good luck, let us know how you do.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Quickest I've ever lost 5 pounds? Went to the bathroom after drinking almost a gallon of water.

Also the first time I did a metric quarter century.