How stupid does my bum look on a bicycle ?

Options
2»

Replies

• aviduser
    aviduser Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I agree with what everyone here has said. You can't even worry about such a thing or you will never get out there. I cycle a lot and have seen all shapes and sizes out there on organized rides. Who cares? If you like to shop for fun gear, get yourself a cool jersey to help motivate you. Check out teamestrogen.com

I couldn't agree more. I did a century ride two weeks ago and you would not believe the size of some of the folks out there riding. I say go and do it. Besides, you need to start somewhere.

Plus, if you really are worried, you can take the advice of poster #5 (though it is getting a bit chilly out for that sort of thing).
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I've never looked at your bum on a bicycle . . . I actually don't care how other people's butts look on a bike, I'm only looking at your butt if you're in front of me, and even then the last thing I'm thinking is about your butt because I'm too busy thinking about losing mine.
  • Runninginafatsuit
    Runninginafatsuit Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    If your purpose for working out at the gym is to please other people, then by all means stop riding the bike. If you're riding the bike for your own fitness and health, then keep riding the bike. :) Other people's negative thoughts are not going to do anything FOR or AGAINST you and your actions.
  • sara709
    sara709 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm sure people enjoy the view!

And the more you cycle, the better it's going to start looking ;)
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Bike topless and nobody will even casually glance at your bum LOL

hahahahahaha :laugh:
  • limorg
    limorg Posts: 15
    Options
    People who think negative thoughts about strangers don't matter. YOU do! (I'm speaking as a very large woman who wears a swimsuit and uses the pool or beach whenever I get the chance. Most people don't stare or make comments. I had an issue ONCE. Teenage boys. I smiled, walked up to one of them, and asked him how his mother was... "so glad she got over that cold... tell her I said hi, and that Joe is doing MUCH better now!" Okay. I lied. I didn't know his mother, and there is no Joe. But those boys snapped to and stopped acting like jerks. That's the ONLY embarrassing issue I ever had.)

I havent been in a swimsuit since i was 10...you are so cool! i just know people look and i dont know why i just cant let people see my flab in all its gloary...
    I live in Israel, its hot country 10 month a year and i just want to wear shorts :) i will next summer! if i stay on my bike
  • bettertracie
    bettertracie Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I also think people look at me and my boyfriend funny cause he is much smaller than me :(

DUDE... let the HATERS HATE!! In all reality anyone walking past is saying, "wow, I wish my relationship and support came to the gym with me"... And there's nothing wrong with a large kaboose, it'll shink if you just keep it up!!!!