Question about HRM??

Options
I bought one a couple of weeks ago. When I use it for exercise, it's always way higher than what is on MFP exercise picks. Example: I walked/ran my dogs for 30 min today, and HRM said I burned 536 calories. I think the site says around 120 something. Something isn't right here??? What do y'all think. Thanks for your help. Pam

Replies

• schoonmp
    schoonmp Posts: 175
    Options
    I bought one a couple of weeks ago. When I use it for exercise, it's always way higher than what is on MFP exercise picks. Example: I walked/ran my dogs for 30 min today, and HRM said I burned 536 calories. I think the site says around 120 something. Something isn't right here??? What do y'all think. Thanks for your help. Pam
  • megbar1979
    megbar1979 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    You need to make sure you entered in all your info accurately into your HRM (age, sex, height, weight) otherwise you'll get really high numbers.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,979 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I agree, no way you burned 500+ calories on a 30 min. walk. Read the HRM manual and reenter your stats.
  • FletcherChic
    Options
    sounds to me like something wasn't entered correctly...double check you settings....burning 500+ calories in half an hour walking/running your dog seems extremely high (and if it's correct then....poor doggy! ha ha ha) :laugh:
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,117 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I agree with the others. I go walking with my dog regularly. The last time we walked for 1 hour 39 mins. and I burned 649 calories according to my HRM (polar F4).

Good luck