heart rate - higher in the AM or PM?

nickscutie
nickscutie Posts: 303 Member
edited October 4 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi Everyone,

So I have noticed as of late that my heart rate is significantly higher during a morning run versus an evening run.

I generally have to run in the evenings because of work. My resting HR is about 60. I am happy if I can get it up in the high 130's - low 140's. However, sometimes I cant even get up that high and it will stay in the high 120's - low 130's. Frustrating for the effort I put in.

However, on the days when I have the time I like to run in the morning. like I literally wake up, eat a small snack and go run. On these days, I can easily get the HR in the high 140's and can usually maintain a zone 3 in the low to high 150's. Sometimes when the moon is in the seventh house and Jupiter aligns with mars - it actually hits 160. The run is the same and I am not running any harder on these days. My starting HR before I even begin running is usually higher than at night.

So my questions are - does anyone know why this would be the case? Is there a physiological reason? I Googled but did not find anything good. Do others have the same experience? Total opposite?

Thanks!

Replies

This discussion has been closed.