Whining... Someone backhand me, pls.

Options
I'm tired and not so much with the caring. I haven't been as religious with my logging as I have in the past and exercising isn't happening as much as it should.

I have made it to the gym both Sunday and Monday, so that's something, but my sodium intake is out of control.

I know everything that I'm not doing, but kicking my own butt isn't as fun as having someone else kick it. Someone please tell me to get my act together?

Replies

• MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Actually I was going to suggest to take a break for a week and come back motivated, but I appear to be a little off today myself. So take that as you will :)
  • toque_de_miel
    toque_de_miel Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I've been the same way ever since i had the flu last week lol. I didn't work out all last week and then went back to the gym yesterday and it was super rough - been really lax with my eating the past couple days too - went SOOOO over horrible the one day and didn't even log it all and complete my day because i didn't wanna see how bad it was, and yesterday i ate back my exercise calories for like the first time ever - and now i've just been going up and up on the scales after i went down so much.

i need a backhand too lol.
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    *smacksu*
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Actually I was going to suggest to take a break for a week and come back motivated, but I appear to be a little today myself. So take that as you will :)

Ah, but that's the problem. I've pretty much been on a break, and now need to get moving again. :P
  • KMSForLife
    Options
    You've lost 80 lbs - 80 lbs! You don't want to ruin all that effort SO - GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Change of weather depression?

Get it together!! Saw a quote the other day that said "its better to be slapped with the truth than kissed with a lie", so you've got the right attitude.

Everyone goes through these 'downs' with motivation, but keep at it and the results will help you stay on track! Just remember the holidays are coming and its not going to get easier, so stay away from the slippery slopes!
  • thor1god1of1awesome
    thor1god1of1awesome Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    GIVES A HUGE KICK IN THE BUTT!!! remember why you joined and the goals you set down. Feel free to add me if you wish and know that its ok to go off track just jump back on AND KICK SOME BUTT YOUR SELF
  • ajmaccar
    ajmaccar Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    No food tastes as good as . . . wait, no, that's not right.

There is nothing to motivate, but motivation itself? No, that's not right either.

I know! Wanna go for a walk later?
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    What activity do you like to do? Not all activity has to be done in the gym! The weather is beautiful this autumn!! Run, bike, jog.... enjoy the weather while you still can!
  • mleoni092708
    mleoni092708 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    GET YOUR *kitten* UP AND GET MOVING! NO EXCUSES-YOU ARE STRONGER AND BETTER THAN THIS! SHOW YOUR BODY WHO"S BOSS!

How was that? :flowerforyou:
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Do you want Jillian Michaels motivation or Chalean Johnson??

Jillian would say - You can't phone it in! Why are you going to choose failure when success is an option? Unless You Puke, Faint or Die, Keep Going!

Chalean will pat you on the head and say it's ok to take a break, just jump back in when you feel like it. Make it fun, if it isn't fun what's the point?
  • riyahroyce
    Options
    this is what i do best.

Did you work out today? If not, you're lazy.
    Do you plan on working out today? If not, you're a slacker.
    Did you eat something bad for you today? If so, you don't DESERVE the body you want and are never going to get it.

I find that in fitness, as in most things in life, people complain and think a lot more than they actually DO. I bet if you added up all the time you spend feeling bad about how things aren't moving along with your weight stuff, you'd find there are HOURS wasted there that could have been much better applied to working out.

I've said it before, to other friends, and I say it again: next time you're feeling unmotivated, ask yourself what you would give to have the body you want. is an hour a day REALLY too much time to spend on something so important, that wold change your life so much for the better? If you're not willing to at least spend an hour and change your eating habits...nothing's going to happen.
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    You know better than that girl - get back to it!!!! Don't let all of your hard work to date go to waste!!
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    @ajmaccar- Yay! Walkies!

@Heidi1558- I do have issues with depression, and the season change isn't helping. You're right, though- waiting for it to get easier is pretty much ensuring it won't happen.

@gettinghealthyforlife- *limps back towards the track*

@Helenatrandom- I actually like the gym, it's the going out into the cold to get to the gym that I don't like. ;)

@mleoni092708- Very nice, ty. I need yelling. :)

@AuntSusie5- Oh, I much prefer Jillian. If I wait until I feel like it, well, not gonna happen.

@riyahroyce- In order- yes, yes, no. So I guess I'm not completely beyond redemption?