Is it possible to lose 30 lbs in 2 weeks?!

Options
13»

Replies

• kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Since this is for money and not a small amount I can say I would drop out of the competition if I were you. She simply has to be cheating. Did she look like she'd lost 1/5th of her total body weight?

I wish this was an option, but I'm just going to try to ignore her (and any other potential "cheaters") and just focus on ME. I paid to be part of this to get the motivation, training and meal plan that come with signing up. I didn't really expect to win anyway, so it was never about the money for me. I'm getting the motivation I need (mostly... I kinda slacked for a couple days after the weigh-in after feeling like a failure compared to the big numbers on the scale) so it's still worth it for me.

I should just cross my fingers that she eats a whole turkey and multiple pumpkin pies at thanksgiving :devil:
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    There's an idea. SABOTAGE HER! Leave Hostess cupcakes at her desk. Order pizza to be delivered to her home. Take her out drinking, buy her Guiness....
  • kristilovescake
    Options
    There's an idea. SABOTAGE HER! Leave Hostess cupcakes at her desk. Order pizza to be delivered to her home. Take her out drinking, buy her Guiness....

Hahaha! Hilarious, but I'm still not even close to winning behind her (there are quite a few people that are legitimately doing awesome!) so it would just be a waste of my money :wink:
  • livnlite
    livnlite Posts: 520
    Options
    I'm thinkin something is amuck .. for sure. If there is prize money involved .. I wouldn't doubt if there is something funny going on. I can't believe in THIS day and age that a gym would support THAT kind of weight loss knowing what we know about rapid weight loss and the repercussions of losing THAT much THAT fast.

Either that contestant's health is in grave danger or something 'fishy' is going on!

If that contestant ate a big meal, for instance .. like steak or pasta (to add weight) and lots of salt (to retain water) before she weighed in .. she could litterally add pounds to her regular weight. Then laxitives and water pills coupled with some hard work, would help reduce quite quickly.

When prize money is involved, these contests ALWAYS make me cringe .
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is possible. About fifteen years ago, I went into severe depression. I literally could not get anything down my throat for weeks. I was living with my grandmother at the time and she forced me to eat a bowl of cereal every morning. She stood there and watched me let it get soggy, then eat it. She wouldn't leave the table until the bowl was empty. At night, I drank my milk and ate my mashed potatoes from the meal my job provided. I also spent a lot of time active - volleyball, basketball, hiking, anything my friends were willing to do - to keep my self busy and not thinking about things. I went from 165 to 135 in just about two weeks.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    170-180!! Jesus! Definitely impossible. Sorry but I think people would notice if she dropped from that weight down, she would really be looking crazily thin compared to when she started.

I would be really suspicious about this, if she loses more, you should be sayin "can I join you at the gym, I'd really like some tips on how your doing this..." and see how she reacts lol.

this! tell her she has done so fantastically that you want some tips.

or tell her you are really worried that she lost such a lot of weight, and you want to go with her to the doctor to check she is ok...
  • kristilovescake
    Options
    We had our second weigh-in, so just an update for those who are curious about the Biggest Loser drama :P

She lost 7 pounds, which is actually a reasonable amount due to how much she's at the gym... so some of the 30 pounds was probably food/water/etc weight. Who knows if she was wearing any excess weight on purpose. At this point, I stopped caring, but I promised an update :P
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Did she have her leg removed???

I'd be happy with a 33 pound loss over a year or a year and a half's time. I think someone stuffed her clothes with weight. :huh:
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    And this is why "biggest loser" type competitions are bad. They do not encourage health and fitness; they encourage fast scale weight loss - which is oftentimes just the opposite.
  • kristilovescake
    Options
    And this is why "biggest loser" type competitions are bad. They do not encourage health and fitness; they encourage fast scale weight loss - which is oftentimes just the opposite.

Yup.

It's frustrating that it's based 100% on scale loss instead of looking at body fat % or inches or anything else. I definitely won't be doing another competition again, but at least it's forced me to not be lazy.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I think she had weights in her bra for the first weigh-in.