Hello EVERYONE!!

So, I've been on MFP for a couple months now! It's been a life saver for me! I never understood why I couldn't get in the shape i wanted until I found out how many calories I was taking it!! YIKES!! So anyway, I have a blog on MFP! Check it out! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/mlw8706 I'd love for everyone to be involved!!! I've never blogged before so.... be nice to me! haha!!

Thanks everyone!!

Keep up the amazing work of making the world a healthier place!!!!

Replies

• RunJasonRun
    RunJasonRun Posts: 82 Member
    that's awesome!!!
  • serenity06
    serenity06 Posts: 5 Member
    hey, i just started this today and reading your post...i completely understand!!!! i always wondered why i could not loose weight...starting this calorie counter will help me tremendously!!!! i exercise but i don't watch what i eat!!! this will def shine some light on my situation!!! i plan on looking at your blog this evening
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Yes! I just ate what I normally did for a few days when I first started MFP so that I could get an idea of what I was taking in and then I started changing small things to see the calorie difference. It's pretty amazing!!!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    I went for years either eating good (or so I thought) but not working out, or getting to the gym, then using the "I work out" excuse to eat a bunch of crap, and getting nowhere as a result. So, I really get what you're saying about this site really being an eye opener. For me, the biggest surprise was when I added sodium to my list after the first few weeks of and realizing how bad I was with that! Joining this site is the best thing I've ever done!

I have one friend in particular who constantly tells me she's eating good, but "just can't seem to lose weight". Unfortunately no matter how many times I mention this site, she's being stubborn about joining (I guess she likes living in denial). It goes to show that you can't help those who don't want to help themselves.
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    I know exactly what you mean, I gave one of my friends this website and she's not set foot on it except to create an account. Can't help people who aren't ready to change their bodies...