I am struggling

Options
Hello everyone,
I am sitting here tonight trying to figure out where I have gone wrong. I had been doing so good for the longest time and I was so happy with myself. I am not sure what happend. I was working out 3-5 days a week and doing my cardio for almost 1 hour each time I worked out. I know right now that I am probably not in the best of health but I am having a hard time with it. I think that I just need to get this off of my mind and I hope that it will get me back on track. I am set up to have a heart monitor put on tomorrow morning for 24 hours ekg testing. I have been battling alot of emotional problems as well as health problems. I was looking at my progress and I have now jumped back up to where I am not happy at all right now. I don't feel that I can keep this up with out someone kicking me in the butt. My husband is there but need more support from my family. I have been sleeping more during the weekends since I am so tired. I have been working alot at work and still going to school and just not taking the time for me, it is hard and all i want to do is :sad:
I have been eating pretty good for the most part. I am just not sure what else to do. I so want to be down in the lower 200's and I have this mental picture of me being skinny. I guess I just need help and ideas on what I need to fix. I can't really afford to spend the money to go to the gym even though I think that would totally help me out since I don't get ME time anymore.
We are struggling like everyone else and we are cutting out so much. I just had enough money to put food on my table for my girls for this coming week. :sad: I am just going to head to bed and try to get a fresh start tomorrow.

:heart: Molly:heart:

Replies

• MollySue30
    MollySue30 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    I am sitting here tonight trying to figure out where I have gone wrong. I had been doing so good for the longest time and I was so happy with myself. I am not sure what happend. I was working out 3-5 days a week and doing my cardio for almost 1 hour each time I worked out. I know right now that I am probably not in the best of health but I am having a hard time with it. I think that I just need to get this off of my mind and I hope that it will get me back on track. I am set up to have a heart monitor put on tomorrow morning for 24 hours ekg testing. I have been battling alot of emotional problems as well as health problems. I was looking at my progress and I have now jumped back up to where I am not happy at all right now. I don't feel that I can keep this up with out someone kicking me in the butt. My husband is there but need more support from my family. I have been sleeping more during the weekends since I am so tired. I have been working alot at work and still going to school and just not taking the time for me, it is hard and all i want to do is :sad:
    I have been eating pretty good for the most part. I am just not sure what else to do. I so want to be down in the lower 200's and I have this mental picture of me being skinny. I guess I just need help and ideas on what I need to fix. I can't really afford to spend the money to go to the gym even though I think that would totally help me out since I don't get ME time anymore.
    We are struggling like everyone else and we are cutting out so much. I just had enough money to put food on my table for my girls for this coming week. :sad: I am just going to head to bed and try to get a fresh start tomorrow.

• mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    take a breather. Money is tight everywhere I know exactly where your coming from. I told my husband that since Money is so tight my entertainment will be working out its free lol- he told me good point. As for looking for support from your family I don't know what to say my family doesn't support me when it comes to losing weight but Im not doing it for them I am doing it for myself. I also know what you mean when you say you don't get any ME time I can't even go to the bathroom alone But you need to make time or you will go nuts. Don't think about all your problems (i know thats easier said then done) just handle everything one day at a time. Take care of what you can today. Tomorrow is a new day. Good luck
  • superduperbandnerd
    Options
    you can do this. You don't have energy? Maybe you should try to go vegan for a week ... it really helps cleanse. I always have more energy when i stay away form meat and stuff. Just know that we are all here to help you through this hard time. We have all been there and realize that the people that are around us are not always on our side. But we are all you side. We are all here for the same reason. :flowerforyou:
  • Destined
    Destined Posts: 116
    Options
    It's gonna get better, I am telling you it will. It might look so bad right now but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Just get up tomorrow is a new day and do the things that you need to do. It will; be okay. I promise you. Go back to what you were doing before the things that woked for you before and you can totally do it. Just commit yourself totally. Don't forget to take time for you because that is so important. it will make you a better mother and wife if you take time for you. Hang in there, just remember somebody somewhere is going through worse things than you are. It could have been worse. Hang in there and don't forget to smile:smile:
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Times are tough everywhere, so know that you are not alone - I know, small consolation. A good night's sleep is always a good thing when you are feeling down. Tomorrow is a new day. Just take each choice you make during the day a healthy one, from all aspects of your life. :flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    I am just going to head to bed and try to get a fresh start tomorrow.

Molly sounds like you came to a very healthy conclusion by simply typing out your thoughts. YOu are going to get some sounds sleep, and begin afresh in the a.m.!! Good for you...nothing you can do tonight to fix all that you've shared that life can toss our way.

Mrsyak2 makes a good point on sticking to the positives we see in life...easy? OH HECK NO!:wink: But it can keep our mind more clear for making time to tackle the tougher things that come up.

Many folks on here workout at home, they either have a set time, or work around the kids etc. Marla has many of her kids now doing the pushup challenge...I"m not sure she ever has alone time so she's made it work. I think getting the family united like so many are begining to do here on the site is simply FAB!!

If you take a look many of their spouses, kids etc. were less than supportive in the beginning but as the member continued on despite what the family said, they took them serious and began to join in since they saw how happy it made the person working out. Good quality family time is vital, it can make the household run MUCH smoother.

I wish you well and can't wait to hear you share how your family is now more supportive and begging to join in!!:drinker: :heart:

FC:heart:
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    working out at home is fine. Especially when money is tight they have great dvds you can do in the comfort of your home not to mention you can get some hand weights and be good to go. Not tomention some of those dvds really kick butt and that could be a stress relief for you. I recomend Taebo punching always makes me feel better lol. Or if time is tight Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. I also have heard people talk about another Biggest Loser DVD can't remember the name though. Anyway there are great dvds out there.
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    We all have felt those days of despair, depression, and no motivation. I think one thing would help you is to switch your exercise routine. I swear by Beachbody DVD workouts. I've done almost them all. And seen results and felt the pain! Another cheaper way to add more to your fat burning, is resistance (strength) training. Resistance bands are cheap and even better for you than free weights. There are small exercise books to show you what to do, or even fitness magazines. Even yoga and stretching is extrememly important. If you don't have alot of time, wear your HRM when your housecleaning and vacuuming. I burned 300 extra calories one day! Between comercials during TV or even while reading for school, take breaks and do some push ups, squats, lunges, etc. Any little bit will make you feel good. You've got a TON on your plate-not food-1.gif, give yourself credit for being you. You're only 1 person, take some time for yourself-you deserve it.:flowerforyou:
  • MollySue30
    MollySue30 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much everyone for writing. I am doing okay right now. I have been trying to stay on track right now. I am sitting here after shovling snow and feeling pretty good about that right now. I am working on things for me right now and trying to get one thing done each day for me. So I am hanging in there. I will keep things updated.

Thanks for everything!!!!

:heart: Molly