Low carb "on the go"

Options
I lowered my carb intake to 100g per day, but having problems finding foods to eat that are quick on easy "on the go"..
I work full time and do night school, so there is not too much time in my day to cook.

recomendations?

Replies

• emandbensmom
    Options
    I have the same problem! I'm in the office 50 hours a week and spend most of my evenings runnings kids around everywhere. I need high protein / lower carb snacks I can keep in my car.
  • krisrpaz
    krisrpaz Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Reduced-fat cheesesticks or a handful (about 12) almonds are my snacks on the go.
  • thinby40
    thinby40 Posts: 113
    Options
    I like the 100 calorie pack almonds and Luna protein bars....they're both very filling and of course lots of water! :wink:
  • deathstarclock
    deathstarclock Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Lunch meat!
  • dchss80
    dchss80 Posts: 25
    Options
    I love almonds. My only problem is just like lays chips i ant eat just one! lol
  • LittleFootHafner
    Options
    Definitely a tough one - but cheese & veggies may work! ;)
  • jimstock60
    jimstock60 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Not sure where you are, but el Pollo Loco has great food that is low carb, just stick to the chicken. Same with KFC grilled chicken. These are fast food, so sodium intake is an issue, but for once in awhile quick meal that is low in carbs.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    You can make a sandwich wrap using a large collard green leaf instead of bread. Large lettuce leaves or nappa cabbage work too, but collards have a little more substance and don't break as easy.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I eat up to 100g carbs a day and my go to snacks are full fat cheese, cheese strings, veggies (usually cucumbers and broccoli ), and fruit. Being as you are not super restricted on the carb side you can have an orange (small orange is 11 carbs), blueberries, strawberries (100g is 8 carbs), grapes (2 ounces 10 carbs). Lots of lean meats help keep me full and have 0 carbs, chicken breast, tuna, pork etc.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Well..youre bound to have a day where you only have one or the other - so use that time for cooking in advance... there is always time for it... If you go grocery shopping, then you have the time to do this!!

Joseph's makes a REALLY good low carb option lavash and pita pocket... That pita pocket is only 60 calories and 8g of carbs and makes a MEAN Chicken Gyro!!!! Speaking of which, Im thinking its time for that for dinner tonight at work (I work in a professional kitchen, and LOVE our low carb options!)