I am eating less calories and not loosing weight

Options
I am in a 1,200 calories a day. I am exercising, drinking water and counting every calorie I eat, but my weight lost is almost stuck. I lost 5 pounds in 2 months. I see that sometimes I eat less of the calories I am suppose to consume. However , sometimes even though I still have calories I go over on my protein intake. What can I do to accelerate my weight lost. Please help.

Replies

• MrsCupCakeBoyle
    MrsCupCakeBoyle Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Eat More
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    you need more calories. 1200 is NOT the magic number for everyone - and it is only the magic number for like 1% of the US.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Eat More

this
  • mpcass
    mpcass Posts: 86
    Options
    Eat More
    [What she said!!/quote]
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    It sounds contrary - but you probably need to eat more. Set your weight loss goal to lose 1lb per week. With the increase in calories, you will probably lose more than this.

Worked for me.
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Eat More

this

In case no one said it enough -- EAT. You gotta eat more than 1,200 a day, and you gotta eat back every workout calorie. The longest / worst plateau I had was when I set the activity level too low on here and was trying to live on 1,290 + workout calories. You need FUEL.
  • betzeross
    betzeross Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    It seems crazy but it's true - eat more! They know what they're talking about. :)
  • savismommy
    Options
    Eat More.

^^^^ This. ^^^^
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    Have to agree with all the previous posts...eat more!
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    with only eating 1200 calories AND working out, you are creating a deficit. Basically, eat more.
  • melianne125
    melianne125 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I agree. Eat more. I faced the same problem and eating more has started working for me :)
  • mashanda
    mashanda Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    sounds crazy but EAT MORE! You may just need more fuel in your body. I think we all have a magic number. It is kind of likke how weight watches used to make people to a 6 weeks maitenance to find the amount of "points" was their magic number to maintain their weight.
  • byjillian
    Options
    That is kind of interesting, because you would think eating less would be the answer. Everyone says to eat more...I believe it. Right now I too am at a plateau, but I set my workout goals more within what I was doing and guess what happened? My total went from 1200 calories per day to over 1350 calories!
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Eat More
  • mvandommelen
    Options
    Check your carbs? I did not go over calories ever but had higher carbs. I cut my carbs down to 150 or less and lost 10 pounds over 45 days, which is a safe way to do it. Just a thought.
  • Scoobies87
    Options
    Everyone is different. My maintenance is 1,600 calories so if I ate more then 1,200 I would only maintain and not lose. I have tried it, therefore I know.

I would suggest having a couple of days off to eat at maintenance to kick start your metabolism again. Eating more is an option but remember it is what works for you.

Try adding some different exercise to surprise your body.
  • andrewchurchill
    Options
    It's more about what you are eating. If you are getting most of your calories from carbs you will have a problem loosing weight. This summer I rode my bike over 1700 miles and walked ,jogged, and X/C skied an additional 500 miles.

I religiously tracked my calorie consumption daily and averaged 2100 calories and in the end I lost no weight. I was getting about 60% of my calories from carbohydrates.

5 weeks ago I stopped eating grains, processed sugar and dairy. I only work about about 3 times per week for 45 minutes, eat 2200 calories per day on average and I have been loosing 3 pounds per week.
  • MercedesV
    MercedesV Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    From my research, if your body has a calorie deficit for more than 6 days it releases chemicals that tell itself to go into starvation mode, thus keeping on the weight. Cheat days actually make me loose more because it stops my body from going into starvation mode. I cheat every Friday. With that said, after the cheat day I have to get right back on. (can be hard on a Saturday!) By cheating I'm talking about 500 or so calories over. A peice of cake on a cheat day is good. A whole cake is bad. :)
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what your settings are, but you could try to set it to lose 1/2 or 1 lb a week to give you more calories to eat. 1200 is low for most people and if you don't have a lot of weight to lose 1/2 a lb a week is a good goal to have.
  • McAlyna
    McAlyna Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    This is interesting. I eat 4-6 times but trying to be at my 1200ish. My water intake is at 8+ glasses. I notice that I don't loose as I am expecting (1 lb/week). I'll change this up a little higher and hope it'll do better for me. Thanks for the post.