treadmill

Options
Hey guys!
Have any of you tried a motor less treadmill? I live in a small apartment and I wanted to know if any of you have had or tried this?
The weather prevents me from walking . My work schedule is off and its hard to walk at nite with a one year old. I dont want her getting sick in the cold. Any suggestions?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    One woman here does laps around her classroom (she's a teacher) on her breaks. Get creative. Steps are good....at the mall or where you live.
  • russellma
    russellma Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    You could try jogging in place. Grab a book and set a timer and you're good to go! :)
  • MyCoachNYLA
    MyCoachNYLA Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I have (NordicTrac) - pricey but great!
  • Judyann5
    Options
    Hi I like to do Leslie Sansone's walk away the pounds DVD. Rain or shine it can be done. Good Luck on finding what works for you. Judy:smile:
  • ziggy_mommy
    Options
    I have a treadmill that I got a few years ago for my birthday, and I LOVE IT. I use it every day. It's a NordicTrac with a motor... I tried a motorless one and maybe it was because it was second hand, but I found that it took all I could do to get it going. The track just seemed to stick to the machine. Or maybe it was my weight - I am quite heavy, so it may have just not handled it well. Either way, I saved up and grabbed the motored treadmill for all the same reasons you mention in your post, and I've never regretted it.

I also try to move around at work as much as possible - every time I hit the ladies room, I also take a quick walk downstairs, around the building, and back up again (I work on the 3rd floor). It only takes about 2-3 minutes, so no one notices I'm gone, but doing it every time I go to the bathroom I find I get quite a work out in by the end of the day (I drink my 8 glasses and more, so I'm ALWAYS in the bathroom) :).