I am fighting for our lives......

lucie_dobbins
lucie_dobbins Posts: 12
edited November 2023 in Introduce Yourself
Hi. I'm a 37 yr old mother of Teens. And quite honestly... I am ashamed. Not of the children, but of the fact that I sat by and watched them follow me down this trail of distruction. One of the worst things I ever said to my daughter was ... "well, your smaller then I was at that age".

I know that I am in for a fight. I am at least 160lbs overweight and my 18 yr old daughter needs to lose at least 60 lbs and my 16 yr old son needs to lose at least 40. So truth be told I am going to be fighting every day to lose 260 lbs. I mean lets face it... they are teenagers. They are not going to do this without me pushing them. And in turn I am going to need someone to push me. The fact is that this is my last ditch effort before I go into surgery and let them rearrange my insides so drastically that I will never be the same. Gastric Bypass works for a lot of people, but I don't want it to be my quick fix. (besides, a lot of them end up looking like bobblehead dolls, and I sooooo don' t want to look like that.)

I lost my mother at 16 due to obesity and to be quite honest I have raised my children to expect my death. Is that crazy or what??? Obesity is a disease of the body and the mind. And I need help.

I don't know if I am allowed to do this, but I want to know if I can give people my direct email address and ask that I get someone out there to help me. Motivate me, drive me. Cause I am fighting for my life and the lives of my children.

So I guess reply to me and let me know if I can give my email. And wish me luck.

Replies

• Hi. I'm a 37 yr old mother of Teens. And quite honestly... I am ashamed. Not of the children, but of the fact that I sat by and watched them follow me down this trail of distruction. One of the worst things I ever said to my daughter was ... "well, your smaller then I was at that age".

I know that I am in for a fight. I am at least 160lbs overweight and my 18 yr old daughter needs to lose at least 60 lbs and my 16 yr old son needs to lose at least 40. So truth be told I am going to be fighting every day to lose 260 lbs. I mean lets face it... they are teenagers. They are not going to do this without me pushing them. And in turn I am going to need someone to push me. The fact is that this is my last ditch effort before I go into surgery and let them rearrange my insides so drastically that I will never be the same. Gastric Bypass works for a lot of people, but I don't want it to be my quick fix. (besides, a lot of them end up looking like bobblehead dolls, and I sooooo don' t want to look like that.)

I lost my mother at 16 due to obesity and to be quite honest I have raised my children to expect my death. Is that crazy or what??? Obesity is a disease of the body and the mind. And I need help.

I don't know if I am allowed to do this, but I want to know if I can give people my direct email address and ask that I get someone out there to help me. Motivate me, drive me. Cause I am fighting for my life and the lives of my children.

So I guess reply to me and let me know if I can give my email. And wish me luck.
  • ladydi
    ladydi Posts: 88 Member
    Hey Lucie,

I’m on a weight lost journey as well and need someone to help push me I have about 25 more pounds to lose and its hard I don’t see why giving out your email would me a issue . We can email back and forth we can help each other!!
  • Well then LadyDi......Lets get motivated! lucie_dobbins@yahoo.com
    Hope to hear from you soon. Let me know its you so I don't spam block you by accident. HAHA
  • jeledge
    jeledge Posts: 1
    Dear Lucie,
    I hope this information will help you like it did me. I have struggled with my weight for years. Most of my child hood and adult life . I finally found a program to help me . It is an Ispirationally based program called Prism. I have lost 34 pounds so far and need to lose 60 more. On this diet you give up sugar and flour . Finally I can lose weight and not gain it back. This is a program you can read about online.
    Prism Weight Loss Program google it and check out the web site
    Good Luck and God Bless
    jre321
  • camnappo
    camnappo Posts: 8
    I have always been overweight and throughout the years i started to accept it but last week I kept gaining and I just looked at myself in the mirror and I was disgusted at what i see. I am 70 lbs overweight and i am only 21. I need to do this cuz Ive always been chunky and its hard when your brothers are these athletic and skinny boys while you got stuck with the big bones and the excess weight. I have been in n out of diets and now i realized Im not on a diet but a lifestyle change and thats what gets me through these days. I go home and watch Tv all the time so now I go home watch TV while on my gazelle. I just want to tell everyone that it is never to late to kick this in gear. I look foward to all the message boards
This discussion has been closed.