Kettlebells

ajmaccar
ajmaccar Posts: 65 Member
edited October 4 in Fitness and Exercise
I've been thinking of getting a kettlebell for use at home for those days when I can't make it to the gym, but I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for one brand over another, or can point me to some good workout videos that feature kettlebells to get me started. Thanks!

Replies

• CityOnAHill
    CityOnAHill Posts: 136 Member
    Bump
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    walmart - comes with a DVD too!
  • kgool
    kgool Posts: 177 Member
    I use these Gold's gym kettle bells and have had great results with these videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS_LLBUo7iM&list=PL690FC3C9B73E73BC&index=7
  • sgirl29
    sgirl29 Posts: 326 Member
    I have the Gofit Kettllebell that I purchased it from Walmart for like 29.99 It comes with a kettlebell workout DVD that is great. :)
  • dawngrasso
    dawngrasso Posts: 35 Member
    love Bob Harpers Cardio Kettlebell dvd - JIllian Michaels Shred it with Weights is good too
  • ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    I LOVE Kettlebell workouts. My fav is a 10 minute solutions video where I string a few 10 minute segments together to make a great workout.
  • walmart - comes with a DVD too!

Sweet!!! I have been curious too.
  • Vonnie2006
    Vonnie2006 Posts: 246 Member
    I just purchased the one from Walmart. I've only Watched it though! :(
  • KatrinaG2012
    KatrinaG2012 Posts: 354 Member
    As a novice I found the reviews on kettlebell videos all over the place and reading them further confused me as to which was the best. I did learn that form is critically important and found some of the videos on youtube to be very helpful in this regard. For example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emdIuL7LVLE&feature=relmfu

This video breaks the movement down making it easier for the beginner to concentrate on proper form rather than trying to follow a video without any prior experience. Concentrating on learning how to do the moves correctly I hope will facilitate my making a better choice when I do shell out the bucks for a dvd. I will say that so far, I really love it and feel stronger after only a couple of weeks.
  • ajmaccar
    ajmaccar Posts: 65 Member
    Awesome! I'll have to check that out, thanks!
  • Vonnie2006
    Update: I've been using it for three days straight now and the first two days I was like, Oh this is nothing, well I went to get out of bed yesterday and every muscle in my body has been used! I did work up a grea sweat. I love that it's NO impact which for me means it agrees with my Lupus and I can see myself staying with this workout for a while AND all three workouts are only 45 minutes plus the cool down. I can do it in the mornings! (I'm referring the one from Wal-Mart with the DVD included). I can't wait to get strong enough to increase my kettlebell weight!
  • I too am looking for kettlebell dvd recommendations. i've probably spent an hour on Amazon, and I'm just confused.
    I went to Target to get a GoFit , but they just had Reebok. It has 2 dvds inside it, but haven't opened it yet.
  • Vonnie2006
    Another update: Since my last update I have been told my by doc that I have necrosis of my joints (I went because I was in considerable pain after a week) and should NOT be doing kettlebell exercises. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
This discussion has been closed.