Sensitivity isn't always my strongest quality...

Options
If you feel like you are slacking in certain areas or making excuses for why the diet didn't work or the exercises didn't get done...it's time to take the bull by the horns and own up to it and say that I am the reason it didn't work. There are only so many times that you can find something or someone to blame it on. Take time to look yourself in the mirror and say that it's time for me to kick it into gear because I am the only one who can get the job done. We can and will give you all the support that you need but the ultimate responsibility falls on you. So no more of the "I couldn't workout because"..or the "I feel so badly that I gave in to a craving and binged"....or "I just didn't feel like it,so everyone feel sorry for me" lines. They are over and it's time to "right the ship" and get back on course. You know that you are strong enough to make it happen,so don't make excuses for not getting it done......Time to go to work!!!!!

Replies

• tkn11
    tkn11 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    If you feel like you are slacking in certain areas or making excuses for why the diet didn't work or the exercises didn't get done...it's time to take the bull by the horns and own up to it and say that I am the reason it didn't work. There are only so many times that you can find something or someone to blame it on. Take time to look yourself in the mirror and say that it's time for me to kick it into gear because I am the only one who can get the job done. We can and will give you all the support that you need but the ultimate responsibility falls on you. So no more of the "I couldn't workout because"..or the "I feel so badly that I gave in to a craving and binged"....or "I just didn't feel like it,so everyone feel sorry for me" lines. They are over and it's time to "right the ship" and get back on course. You know that you are strong enough to make it happen,so don't make excuses for not getting it done......Time to go to work!!!!!

^^ agreed
  • brandenocs
    brandenocs Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Weird I just ranted about this 3 or 4 days ago.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    DO or DO NOT... there is no try...
  • gec1266
    gec1266 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Glad to see people of the same mindset...
  • fitaliciag
    Options
    DO or DO NOT... there is no try...

amen
  • GibsonDarlin
    GibsonDarlin Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    my FB status today...........An excuse is just a lie to cover up for something you didn't do that you know you should have done.......NOMOREEXCUSES
  • k7n2w3
    k7n2w3 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    where's the "like" button??? haha I totally agree with you :-) I never complained about being unhappy with my weight before because I felt how can I have the audacity to complain if only I can change it. So when I started my program in January I looked at my habits and changed them, it sounds simple but we all know it's not. It's not anyone else but yourself. If your bf/gf wants to eat mcdonalds or something for dinner, sure do it but don't blame them when you order a double big mac instead of a sensible salad with low fat dressing!! (just a random example hehe)
    SW 155.1
    CW 112.0
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    my FB status today...........An excuse is just a lie to cover up for something you didn't do that you know you should have done.......NOMOREEXCUSES

I like this. Totally agree!
  • whouwannab
    whouwannab Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    It was like you were talking directly to me. I needed that.
  • CommittohealthCHANGED
    Options
    Awesome post. I totally agree no excuses for not steping up to the plate and taking control of your lifestyle to be healthy person.
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    That's what happened to me 2 years ago & I look at where I am now, today & the "no excuses" & "you have no one to blame but yourself" is completly true. I'm stronger, faster and have more stamina than I did in my 20's! And this is because I grabbed the bull, yanked it down and TOLD it who's boss: me!
    It does still tick me off a bit when people at work say "well, you're so healthy it's easy for you to look like that" - yea, it's easy cuz I worked my butt off to get to this point & continue to work my *kitten* off to keep this point!