I need support and motivation

Options
I am new to the online portion of mfp. I have used the app on my phone, but what I really need is motivation. I try to go to the gym several times a week (my goal is 4 times, but I at least go 2 times a week).
I'm 5'3" and my goal weight is 135 lbs. At least for now.
If anyone wants to help be a support system, I would greatly appreciate it.

Replies

• adamswife23
    adamswife23 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    that is what this site is for. We are all here to meet a goal and are here to help each other reach those goals. Don't get frustrated because with hard work and dedication you will meet your goals
  • honor613
    honor613 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi there
    I will help support and motivate you ... but I need assistance too so we can support each other. I'm the same height as you and well my goal is 170 - 180 would be nice.... if I can go down even further that would be great .. but for now that is my goal.
  • nsanati
    nsanati Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I am pretty new to MFP as well. I'm 5' 3" and want to lose 30 - 40 lbs ... My coworker turned me on to this website and she's already lost 10+ lbs since August! I've improved on my exercise routine by having a TV installed in front of my elliptical at home!! Yes! This makes a huge difference since I record shows that I can only watch in my exercise room!

Anyway, I am motivated ... and as soon as the lbs start to drop off and my clothes start fitting me better, I WILL BE PSYCHED!!! :happy:
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    feel free to friend me :)
    My silly faces and constant perky mood seems to help most :)
  • nedbun
    nedbun Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    The best advice I can give you is this; don't push yourself so hard that your motivation plummets. Small changes over time tend to stick more than large sudden changes.

Try to tackle one thing at a time and be patient with your mind and body as it's not easy to suddenly develop good exercise and eating habits. Remind yourself that although you may not feel like you're working as hard as you'd like, being consistent is very difficult and takes time to get used to. Making the decision to start making changes in your habits is a large step in itself, so give yourself the credit you deserve for the motivation and dedication you've had thus far!

Listen to your body and don't punish yourself for making mistakes. Instead, use the information and support available on this site to help guide your decisions in the future.

It's a lot easier to lose weight when you're not stressing out about it!

As many have said on this site, "It's not a race."