BRIDE TO BE 2012 CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• stephanie1187
    Options
    I'm in! My wedding is June 16, 2012...and i purchased a fit and flare dress!!! so i definitely need to lose some inches around my hips :)
  • losinglbs0208
    Options
    I'm in! No date set yet, not officially engaged, but patiently expecting a ring over the holidays and hoping for a very small wedding next year. No matter when or what happens exactly, I don't want to become a wife at this weight!

I'm at 185 now. Ultimate goal is 145, but I'm just taking it 5 pounds at a time and seeing what works.
  • starrstarr007
    Options
    I'm in for the bride challenge although my goals are smaller than that... I never want to see this weight again slow I am doing the slow and steady pace. I am a May 2012 bride... I can't wait!
  • dablaksista
    dablaksista Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies!

I thought it would be a great idea to start a Bride To Be 2012 Challenge!. This is were we can update each other on how we are feeling, and of course are accomplishments! So here's the first challenge: 15lbs by Jan 1, 2012!! That's 7.5 lbs a month! Every Sunday we can post our weigh in. Once we hit Jan 1st, 2012! Our next 2 month goal will start. I'm open to any ideas, whether its lbs lost, miles walked, or just staying within our calories.

Current weight 205lbs
    Goals weight by Jan 1st: 190lbs

Good luck to my girls!!

Love ,

Lisa

Ok I'll be first. Just weighed myself. Lost 2.6lbs xx

Can't wait to here of other losses this week
  • dablaksista
    Options
    Sorry it's 3.8 not 2.6
  • Jo2926
    Jo2926 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    2lb down for me this week!

Well done dablaksista - thats a brilliant loss!
  • kirstyj1
    kirstyj1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    hi there brides to be love to join and be part of this october 2012 is my day and have some weight to go x
  • kirstyj1
    kirstyj1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    hi there brides to be love to join and be part of this october 2012 is my day and have some weight to go x
  • SlimLittleMrs
    Options
    Oh my goodness - what a perfect challenge - look how many of us are getting married - congrats to all of us!!! My wedding is in Las Vegas on Feb 29th - I would like to lose 20 lbs by then and I could really use this challenge to help me get there!

Nice to meet all of you lovely ladies!!!

Sandy
  • SlimLittleMrs
    Options
    Oops and my weight today is 178.8 lbs :)
    My goal for Jan 1st is 163.8 lbs - yikes!
  • dablaksista
    Options
    Oh my goodness - what a perfect challenge - look how many of us are getting married - congrats to all of us!!! My wedding is in Las Vegas on Feb 29th - I would like to lose 20 lbs by then and I could really use this challenge to help me get there!

Nice to meet all of you lovely ladies!!!

Sandy

ooooh las vegas ay...wonderful hun xx Cant wait to see the pics!
  • MarleyCats
    MarleyCats Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great idea! I'm in!

Congratulations to everyone, and thank you for all of the awesome posts so far! It's nice to know I'm not the only one trying to shed some pounds before The Big Day. My wedding's not until 9/29/12, but I figure if I start early, then I'll be ready to go before I hit the meltdown stage!

Good luck to everyone, and congratulations again!
  • Lylora
    Lylora Posts: 21
    Options
    NSV! Tried on my dress for my mother while she was visiting this weekend and it felt distinctly looser than last time!
  • starrstarr007
    Options
    Alright - I know yesterday was weigh in day... so here we go...

Oct 30th - 166lbs
    My Goal - Jan 1st - 156lbs

Even though I am doing a lower goal - this will be a challenge for me - obviously I have the holidays like everyone else, but I also have a trip to Scotland (currently working on my work out plan for the trip). I will everyone luck and I love that we are all here to hold each other accountable!
  • Lylora
    Lylora Posts: 21
    Options
    And forgot about the weigh in...1 lb down since last week. Gotta pick up the pace!
  • losinglbs0208
    Options
    Huge news! My earlier post about assuming I'd be getting married next year is now TRUE!!! He popped the question (with a GORGEOUS ring) on Monday! I think we're doing a "just us" kind of wedding, and I'm thinking in March, after the holidays/my birthday are out of the way. Don't want the anniversary getting overshadowed every year.

Now, I have even more motivation to get in shape. WOOO!!!
  • magicretreat
    magicretreat Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I was hoping I could find some fellow brides out here. :D My wedding is Sept. 29, 2012 and I want to look and feel healthier for my wedding day. I'm excited to start this challenge with all of you. :P Good luck!

Current weight: 218.5
    Goal by Jan. 1: 203.5

On a side note, does anyone have any good ideas for thanksgiving/christmas? I don't want to sabotage myself , even though I LOVE holiday food. :)
  • princessmikayla5
    princessmikayla5 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Can I still join? My wedding is on June 9, 2012. My current weight as of this morning is 134 and my goal is 115 (120 by January 1).
  • SlimLittleMrs
    Options
    Of course you can Mikayla!
  • Girlatrockshow
    Girlatrockshow Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am starting late ... but, I just became a BRIDE TO BE within the last week. So, I am excited to get started.

I look forward to meeting some of you "fitness pals!"

My Wedding Date is not until 2013 but I have alot of weight to drop before then. About 90 lbs -alot.

So keep me abreast of the challenges and goals. I can't wait to get started!!!