Help!!!! cant lose weight despite lots of exercise and eatin

Hi really need some help guys i cant lose weight despite eating 1200 cals per day, i do spinning once a week, body conditioning once a week and use the weight s once per week, ive worn a heart rate monitor which has displayed i have burned up to 500 cals in spinning etc. so i know i working hard enough.
i may be eating slightly too much fat on some days but not enough to out weigh no weight loss.s.

anybody have any ideas???? i have lost fat .. about 16% and lost about 5lbs but nothing in a while.

help im starting to become demotivated.. with it??

Replies

• comeback0903
    comeback0903 Posts: 114 Member
    maybe you need to speed up your metabolism?Smaller meals more times a day.....maybe adding some cardio workout like running once a week too?
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,380 Member
    Are you eating back your exercise calories (either all or some) or not? How's your sodium intake?
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Eat your exercise calories. 1200 is not enough for your activity level.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    I would triple the amount of cardio you do.
  • sryan8408
    sryan8408 Posts: 244
    Honestly when I hit a plateau, the best thing for me to do is take a weekend where I go off my diet. Eat what you want. Then come back. You may have gained but it will come right off once you get back to it. Or if you're not looking to do that. Switch your goal to maintaining for a little bit then switch back to dieting.
  • musicgirl88
    musicgirl88 Posts: 504 Member
    Perhaps it's not as much exercise as you're thinking? Looks like you're working out 3 days a week. Maybe you should add more cardio on your off days. Start walking/jogging/running. Also, I didn't look at your diary because I'm in a bit of a rush, but how are your sodium levels? I am also on a 1200 cal a day and work out 5 days a week. Make sure you are making all 1200 calories healthy calories. Also, sugar can be sneaky! Try watching your sugar levels as well :)
  • jacquelyn_erika
    jacquelyn_erika Posts: 524 Member
    Sounds like you need to increase your calories with that kind of activity. Eating 1,200 a day could solely be the reason why you're not losing. EAT YOUR FRIGGIN' EXERCISE CALORIES!!!
  • Fatbuster205
    Fatbuster205 Posts: 333 Member
    Exercise 3 times a week isn't enough! Increase by walking/running a couple of times a week as well and you will see the pounds drop off!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,909 Member
    I would triple the amount of cardio you do.
    This
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    1) have you talked to a doctor? Your doctor will tell you what your body needs so you know how to fashion your diet.
    2) If you aren't eating enough calories, and only your doctor can truly tell you that, then you may go into survival mode. Which means your body is maintaining fat for survival, to put it simply.
    3) Muscle weighs more then fat. If you are working out so much, you are gaining muscles so you are going to weigh more, but it's a good weight. Give yourself time, measure your body, don't just use a scale. You will see results.
  • woja9640
    woja9640 Posts: 450 Member
    Your NET calories neet to be 1200, AFTER you exercise.

Just noticed you're within 15lbs of your goal.... those last lbs are the hardest to lose. Try switching it up and doing more strength training than cardio.

Up your protein, go ahead and eat more than allotted.

Hope this helps.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,380 Member
    From your profile it looks like you weigh 190 currently and working to get down to 160 - is that right? If you're just eating 1200 calories a day and not eating any of your exercise calories, I'd suggest trying to eat those extra calories or else eat close to your BMR number for a week or two and see if you drop some weight. You might not be eating enough for your body to let go of the weight you're working so hard to lose. Sounds odd but a lot of people notice that if they've been eating really low like that, that if they bump it up for awhile they start losing the weight they felt they should have been losing all along. And hey, if it doesn't work, you can always change it up again. Sometimes just doing something different than what you've been doing can help.
  • scout1976
    scout1976 Posts: 6 Member
    Thanks guys, i think i may not be eating enough, i was a bit scared i would put on havnt really been eating my exercise calories. how much fat and sat fat should i be eating to lose??

Rachel x
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Thanks guys, i think i may not be eating enough, i was a bit scared i would put on havnt really been eating my exercise calories. how much fat and sat fat should i be eating to lose??

Rachel x

I think it's 30% to be healthy. Don't quote me on that, and your doctor can tell you what you are getting and missing and what is best for your body to lose weight. Since everyone is different.