weekend eating

Options
does anyone else have a hard time eating normal on the weekends? With not having work and my husband being home i notice i eat a lot more than monday-friday yesterday and today i went ove about 500 calories it sucks big time

Replies

• jocelynnbug
    jocelynnbug Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    does anyone else have a hard time eating normal on the weekends? With not having work and my husband being home i notice i eat a lot more than monday-friday yesterday and today i went ove about 500 calories it sucks big time
  • nicolemac
    nicolemac Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Same here, I find that on the weekends, we eat out more, I guess for convenience. I can go mostly all week eating really good and not drinking soda, and then the weekend comes and you feel like you ruined your whole week!
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I have a love/hate for weekends. Love the relaxed, family time, but it TOTALLY throws all my routines off! Always eat more and put off exercising (more than normal)!:grumble:
  • ness13hill
    Options
    Oh for sure it is harder on weekends to stay on track. I personally don't nearly do as good on weekend as I do on weekdays. I think you have the same struggle that many people do.
  • chica25150
    Options
    It's the same for me! I try to be good but always tend to go over at least one day.
  • JessicaN1979
    JessicaN1979 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I stick to two shakes (protein or slim-fast or whatever you like) and save the cals for the "bad" meal that we plan to eat. I still stay within my calories that way. If I go over its by very little and I just workout more.

Pre-planning definitely helps in this situation.
  • laurajane81
    Options
    Hi i posted the same thing yesterday the weekends are so hard i went over by 100 so i did a work out dvd befor i went to bed cos i felt bad....all i wanna do is pick ....x
  • chilli
    chilli Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I eat how I want on weekends because thats when I exercise. During the week I find it hard to stick to the bare calorie limit but know that when I've done my swim sessions I can have extra goodies! :bigsmile:
    In one respect I suppose I'm lucky in that I don't have family around to alter routine but it would be nice ....
  • evajessee
    Options
    Yes! I was just complaining about that this morning! The weekends are when my hubby and our 4 children are home. It's also our social time with friends and our house is the only place everyone comes to hang out, grill out and relax. It was my 10 y/o daughter's birthday this weekend too so we had to drag out the cake and ice cream too! UGH!

Needless to say, I am concerned about my weigh in this morning!
  • apdoxies
    Options
    I love/hate the weekends too. We get so off routine, so I grab whatever food is handy & eat it, just so I can get to the next thing that needs cleaning or so we can head off to shop, etc.
    I have to admit though...this weekend was different! Last night my hubby saw me logging my food & got really interested in this site, so I helped him set up his own account & helped him log his whole day's food. He was shocked & really disappointed with himself when he found out that he had eatten like 6,000 calories yesterday. :noway:
    He then asked me to help him fix his lunch for today so that it would be better for him. He said that he DOES want to change his eating habits, but he wants to take baby-steps...which I think is awesome! I'm just so happy that he is finally "seeing the light"!! :happy:
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I had a horrible weekend. I just ate whatever. Today is a new day. Just put it behind you and move on!!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, I am with all of you!!!!! Weekends are bad for me most of the time!!!! Yesterday I went over by about 500 cals and that was even with burning 613cals after my workout!!!! But it was totally my fault, no excuses. I think we need to form a support group for those of us who need to slow down on the eating and drinking on the weekends...I weighed myself this morning and gained the 2 pounds I had lost the last couple of weeks. :grumble: :grumble: :flowerforyou:
  • amymac
    amymac Posts: 42
    Options
    Yes. Saturdays and Sundays are super hard for me.