I have a new mind set and am feeling awesome!

Options
katznketo
katznketo Posts: 323 Member
I decided with this new season of Biggest Loser, that I was going to pretend I was one just doing it at home. This all started with buying Jillian's 30 day Shred. I am 90 pds overweight, have Multiple Sclerosis, and diabetes. So I have a lot on my plate and still I found this DVD very doable.

That was Jan 14. Today, almost 2 weeks later, I feel awesome. I am off meds, blood sugars are excellent, and I am popping awake every morning. I joined Jillian's website and for the next 3 months have committed to a trainer. It's very affordable and the trainer gives me that uplift I need each day. I encourage anyone to try her DVD and website. I can't believe that 54 year old me is becoming addicted to exercise. Each morning I do the Shred and then go to the Y and do the elliptical or swim. I am kind of pushing it because I want see what I can accomplish in the next 3 months.

Replies

• katznketo
    Options
    I decided with this new season of Biggest Loser, that I was going to pretend I was one just doing it at home. This all started with buying Jillian's 30 day Shred. I am 90 pds overweight, have Multiple Sclerosis, and diabetes. So I have a lot on my plate and still I found this DVD very doable.

That was Jan 14. Today, almost 2 weeks later, I feel awesome. I am off meds, blood sugars are excellent, and I am popping awake every morning. I joined Jillian's website and for the next 3 months have committed to a trainer. It's very affordable and the trainer gives me that uplift I need each day. I encourage anyone to try her DVD and website. I can't believe that 54 year old me is becoming addicted to exercise. Each morning I do the Shred and then go to the Y and do the elliptical or swim. I am kind of pushing it because I want see what I can accomplish in the next 3 months.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    that is so great, keep up the great work.
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh! That is so amazing! :drinker:

Good for you, oh good for you!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • jodi7cky
    Options
    Good Job!!! That is great I hope you keep with it the more you exercise the easier it gets and the better you will feel.
  • katznketo
    Options
    :smile: Thanks for the encouragement. I am a night time eater. After I get the kids to bed, I come in and do this site and Jillians. Then I go to bed. Hey, it's cured the night time eating and it's giving me a better frame of mind. Be blessed, kc
  • shamm08
    shamm08 Posts: 109
    Options
    That great, keep up the good work!:drinker:
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    You can do this!!!!:drinker:

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

My favorite post for answers:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again
  • katznketo
    Options
    hi,
    well, I am so tired today. I did the Shred this morning with my 10 year old grandson Alex and then when the little one went to school, I went to the Y and did 20 minutes on elliptical with high intensity. I'm really tired tonight. Going to bed as soon as kids do.

I feel good though and am at 2 weeks of the Shred in 1 more day. Feel so strong in my muscles. I am not going to weigh because no matter what the scale says, it's never good enough.
    ( I was weighed every day of my life fromage 10 to the day I moved out at 18.)
    Sooooo, my goal is low blood sugars and a healthy strong body.
    Annnnnd, a pair of new jeans I can't button. Please pray for kcwriter. I need all I can get.
    All of you on this site, be truely blessed. kc
  • Mickie17
    Mickie17 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    hi,
    well, I am so tired today. I did the Shred this morning with my 10 year old grandson Alex and then when the little one went to school, I went to the Y and did 20 minutes on elliptical with high intensity. I'm really tired tonight. Going to bed as soon as kids do.

I feel good though and am at 2 weeks of the Shred in 1 more day. Feel so strong in my muscles. I am not going to weigh because no matter what the scale says, it's never good enough.
    ( I was weighed every day of my life fromage 10 to the day I moved out at 18.)
    Sooooo, my goal is low blood sugars and a healthy strong body.
    Annnnnd, a pair of new jeans I can't button. Please pray for kcwriter. I need all I can get.
    All of you on this site, be truely blessed. kc

All good thoughts going your way! I love your postive outlook on your journey to becoming a healthier person! Keep up the great work!!! I just ordered the Shred yesterday from Target.com...I can't wait for it to get here! Target has some GREAT buys on exercise dvds right now on-line, I couldn't believe it! I actually bought Shred, the Cut one and some BL Cardio Blast one for about $33 including tax and shipping!

Keep up the great attitude!!!
    ALSO---I noticed on Netflix that some of Jillian's dvds are on Instant Play too!
  • katznketo
    Options
    Thanks for the imput. It helps to read your uplifting messages. I kinda hit a wall yesterday after a very scary happening at the park. A young woman with two kids had what I think was a seizure. One minute she was fine and the other she was shaking and couldn't tell me what was wrong. I was trying to take care of my 5 year old and her 2 and 4 year old while calling an ambulance.

I have MS and I guess it just brought it home to me how much i pretend I can do it all. So after a meltdown, I told the family that getting this weight off was number 1 along with all of their needs. It went well. Dad did the dinner dishes and kids picked up their stuff. Bed time is soon, hurray! Thanks, again. kc
  • healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you on a wonderful achievement. Keep up the great work:flowerforyou:
  • Mickie17
    Options
    Keep it up KCwriter!!!! You've got your priorities straight...it's all about being healthy!!!
  • nwfamilygal
    Options
    Great job :flowerforyou: You'll do it and were all here to help with the encourgement and the prayer's.:drinker:
  • katznketo
    Options
    yesterday i went to Muir Beach in the San Francisco Bay Area. i was there last year and watched my family climb up this huge mountain to the point I couldn't even see them anymore. I couldn't see how anyone could climb there.

Well, Jose asked me how fit I thought i was after diet and exercise for last 6 wks. I told him I could do anything.
    So we went to that mountain. I felt so good after all the work I've been doing that I didn't even hesistate. But let me tell you, it was very hard. The climb is straight up and ends up overlooking the ocean, San Fran almost to china! And I did it.

I thank God for healing He's given me. He's my savior, my provider, and my healer.

Here I am 54 yrs old, a little under 100 pds overweight, with Multiple Sclerosis, and diabetes.
    Diet has me off meds and exercise and Jillian Michaels SHRED has given me strength. I now know that exercise is the most important thing. you gotta move to get healthy. I am so grateful I didn't give up and have chosen this new path in life. Be blessed, kc
  • nicki7584
    Options
    your new mind set is very inspirational.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!
    Keep up the good work!

Kim
  • Mickie17
    Options
    yesterday i went to Muir Beach in the San Francisco Bay Area. i was there last year and watched my family climb up this huge mountain to the point I couldn't even see them anymore. I couldn't see how anyone could climb there.

Well, Jose asked me how fit I thought i was after diet and exercise for last 6 wks. I told him I could do anything.
    So we went to that mountain. I felt so good after all the work I've been doing that I didn't even hesistate. But let me tell you, it was very hard. The climb is straight up and ends up overlooking the ocean, San Fran almost to china! And I did it.

I thank God for healing He's given me. He's my savior, my provider, and my healer.

Here I am 54 yrs old, a little under 100 pds overweight, with Multiple Sclerosis, and diabetes.
    Diet has me off meds and exercise and Jillian Michaels SHRED has given me strength. I now know that exercise is the most important thing. you gotta move to get healthy. I am so grateful I didn't give up and have chosen this new path in life. Be blessed, kc
    Keep it up KC!!! What a beautiful setting to exercise in, even if it's for a day!!! I'm in the Sacto Valley, so I have some rolling foothills to go hiking around in here...not near as pretty as SF, but, I love beig outside to hike as much as possible....it just makes it not feel like exercise to me.

My question to all of you: What do you do to make exercise NOT feel like exercise?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!