I dont want to drink my calories!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Chai tea is great get one from the coffe shop to see if you like then get some oregon chia it is yummy!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Chai tea plain or w/ a spot of half and half

vanilla chai

sugar free hot cocoa

I personally don't go Fat-free because much agreed they are so gross and there are more chemicals and crap in them because they are fat-free. . either drink less of the real thing, or if you just wean yourself off of it and drink something else you will find that your tastes adjust.

Wishing you the best of luck.:flowerforyou:
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Cut back on the creamer slowly, OR make smaller cups of coffee..

I just add Splenda to the coffee and keep my creamer amount to two tablespoons. Best compromise I can make.
  • DG_Allen
    DG_Allen Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I went cold turkey and switched to green tea. My wife and I probably have 10 different types now. I did that for a long time and then started having coffee again once or twice on the weekends.
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I used to TOTALLY be a creamer junkie! I still enjoy it now and then, but most of the time, I do this... I know it may sound wierd...but if you like the peppermint mocha, use 1/2 a serving of whey protein powder.. you could use 1/4 serving of both vanilla, and chocolate, and then either a lil pepermint extract (careful though that stuff is STRONG...) or if you are making a cold blended one, a sugarfree peppermint candy crushed... there are also stevia drops that come flavored you can get online...add some of that... there are still calories with the protein powder, but they are GOOD calories..and will get you more protein to help you fill up. :)

Otherwise, try to find some sugar free peppermint coffee syrup, and use unsweetened vanilla almond milk and some Stevia or splenda... unsweetened vanilla almond milk is 40 calories a CUP...so you could use even half a cup for only 20 calories :)

I am actually drinking right now a huge cup of coffee with a scoop of vanilla whey protein powder, cinnamon, and some sugarfree hazelnut syrup... it is NUMMY! no creamer, no sugar... just those ingredients... it's one of my mini meals.. so it's 140 calories, but like I said, you could use less protein powder etc... ;)
  • bhawkins0711
    bhawkins0711 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I love my full fat half and half but I had to give it up on a daily basis. A cup every now and then is a treat. I now drink green tea.
  • NashvilleShelley
    Options
    Maybe try vanilla or chocolate coconut milk for flavor?
  • LATeagno
    LATeagno Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    If you like the Peppermint Mocha Coffeemate creamer, there is a sugar free version. It is about 1/3 of the calories of the full-sugar stuff. They carry it at my Walmart, so check around. That said, it's still junk, and it should still be limited. :)
  • mathen2
    mathen2 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I am like you. I would give up a meal to drink Starbucks lattes. Soy stuff arent really good for your health in the long run although they have lower calories. The main focus is to make sure that the sugar in the serving size is low.
    This is something I do to get to latte taste, but feel less guilty. I need this every morning to get started. I tried to switch to almond milk but it tastes terrible when heated up, so I use a 50:50 split of a 75:25 split between milk and almond milk

Latte:
    1 tsp instant coffee powder
    1/2 cup of low fat milk
    1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk ( use what ever ratio you like the taste of)
    3/4 tsp of Stevia
    1 tablespoon of vanilla caramel creamer ( just for taste): use what ever creamer you want.

Heat the milk up and just add the ingredients. After adding the calories to it, it ranges between 120-160 calories per cup ( depending on how much creamer you put in).
  • sgoldman328
    sgoldman328 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Start using half of what you normally would have with creamer, and put milk in for the rest. You really just want a hint of the flavor anyway
  • KC4800
    KC4800 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Before I started dieting I used the high fat creamers. Loved Italian Sweet Cream. I know its hard but you just have to wean yourself off of them.

Now I use a little fat free hazelnut in my morning coffee. No more than 2 tbl. Drink half, refill with just coffee. Its enough.

Have to ask yourself, how much do you want to eat the other things you need to eat to stay fit? Cream isn't it. Refined sugar, no.

Make the tough decisions, you will reap the benefits later.
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. You will never guess what kicked the creamer obsession for me....almond milk! The unsweetened kind even! It's got a creamy texture and is only 35 cals for a friggin cup! Add a couple slendas and your good to go. :drinker:
  • tyadrake
    tyadrake Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have all but completely cut out coffee from my diet, except for my treat on Sunday mornings. (Decaf) I Have found that real vanilla, a small amount of Hazelnut Soy Milk and some Pumpkin Pie Spice tastes amazing and is so worth the very few calories it has. Still much less than a normal "coffee house" style beverage.
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    SmartFunGorgeous Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I try to buy sugar free creamers (that still have the fat in them). However, add up how much you spend on that, and that might be your motivator to drink less! Last time I went to the store and bought creamer, I realized I was going to be drinking a LOT less coffee! :laugh:
  • JJeMitchell
    JJeMitchell Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Maybe try the Starbucks bottled Light Mocha frappuccinos- they are only 100 calories! They are expensive though...$6 for 4 of them. But it's way cheaper than going to Starbucks 4 times.

Also: Sugar Free Hershey's syrup, skim milk and/or sugar free DaVinci syrup (caramel, hazelnut and vanilla have sugar free) can be added- They sell huge bottles of DaVinci at Sam's Club :-D

You could try "flavored coffee" where the beans are French Vanilla or Hazelnut or whatever you like, and then use skim milk and Splenda.

Starbucks Via makes caramel, vanilla, mocha, and cinnamon dolce instant coffee. These are about 50 calories per cup from what I remember.

Target also has a store brand "Archer Farms" that makes bottled 100 calorie frappuccino-type things. They are very good! They have pumpkin spice and peppermint mocha right now and a few other flavors.

Hope this helps! I know exactly where you're coming from lol
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Boils down to which you want more, creamer or health. Today is yours to win. Get after it.

Exactly. Everything is a choice.....